Planning to move from Tata sky DTH

@SVKwhy cable tv will stop in future, any reason forbcz i think it will continue till the time the prices are not dcreased by dthand mostly i believe majority of indians still use cable then DTH as it is not so much costly in terms of monthly payments or one time expenditure at initial stage. And majority of are still satisfied by cable regardless of quality. As per my area the quality of cable tv is very good in almost 90 % of all channels. Only few channel have poor quality but they all are scrap channel.

@SVK
why cable tv will stop in future, any reason for
bcz i think it will continue till the time the prices are not dcreased by dth

There are various reasons for 'Analogue' cable to stop in future. It has limited channel carrying capacity (may be ~100), but in future when there would be 300-400 channels, then Analogue cable may not be useful for providing all channels.
Besides Analogue cable connections cannot be tracked, hence govt & channel providers cannot know the exact numbers of subscribers for that channels.
And as world is moving to digital television, sooner we would also have to accept it (may be in 10-15 years).

I wud suggest u t go ahead with Videocon D2H is TS is not going to drop their prices. Instead they'll increase the prices

Tata Sky looks out only for customers at the top of the pyramid.i.e. the niche market....where quality is the key word not price....But that niche market does not have 21" TVs so it does not matter to them if the there is a small window coming in your 21" or some cases I know of having TS with 14" CRT. TS does not recommend itself to these customers. TS quality can be appreciated only once you have a 40 " LCD or above. So TS is only meant for people with 40 " LCD or above :) TS is targetting only those customers as don't mind paying the extra money for content. But TS is forgetting Content is KING. By not providing Fox Channels / NGC Channels which are already with SUN it is loosing good customers to SUN. Now SUN's got HD so why won't the 40" LCD Guy give exra money for HD and move to SUN. Using the same logic all the LCD Peple want NGC HD or Discovery HD on their TV. So they would rather watch SUN HD. And if I am in NCR i would rather pay through my nose on my unlimited broadband, where I get to to Download my favourite shows / movie in HD and also a huge song library as well as watch time shift TV on airtel IPTV.

SO finally I have paid my cheque of 1750 to Airtel and waiting for Installation :)

I guess you are having TS+ what are you going to do with that........

Demonstration of DTH in TV set stores that too on Large Screen 40'' do display good quality.

Airtel IPTV was installed by the guys on 19th. I had given the cheque on saturday and on tuesday afternnon I got a call for installation. As I was not available in the day time the guys came at 7 and there installation was over by 8 (in the night) The guy explained all the functions (I thought it would be rude not to listen to him and try to be a smart a**e by telling him I aready know everything :)Now I have both TS+ and Airtel IPTV connected to the same 42" LCD (Projection) HDTV (Alas there is no HD except from the blu rays that I watch on my PS3)Comparing both and the quality till now feels the same. I will do an extensive comparison on the weekend. I need a video capture device actually for the tech reports, but will let my eyes do the job for now. :) I have connected both thru Component out for video and Digital out for Audio. Airtel IPTV has a big problem compared to TS. The audio for all the channels are not at the same level. This becomes a big problem at night when you switch channels and sound suddenly starts to boom. Last night the Zing channel did not have any audio. HBO has a Low audio problem. Though the channel change lag (much lamented in the IPTV section) was the same for Airtel IPTV as for TS+ but there is an audio glitch whenever you change a channel in IPTV (Distinct screeching sound as in a scratched cd)Another major fault in Airtel IPTV is their channel postioning. There is no distinction between English Programming and Hindi Programming. English channels suddenly come betwwen Hindi channels. Very irritating if you are jumping channels one by one.@ajuravi will be keeping both for now as IPTV only is for 220 bucks extra(including taxes) and gives 7 day programming on many channels but does not give me the series link function nor can you keep your recordings for years (Till your DVR goes for a toss)Can give you more details next week@Sushubh You get to actually appreciate the quality of TS over other DTH when you are viewing on a screen larger than 40". I have had DishTV also earlier for almost two years. And was against TS till they had 65 channels only :)

Yesterday i shifted to new house......due to this reason....i am currently not subscribing to my cable with CAS for my 2nd TV......instead i bought normal TS Black box for my secondary connection........

Back