Planning to wifi modem, need help

• Thread starter Thread starter thesaurabh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,826

thesaurabh

ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
guys,My D-Link glb-502t is almost dead, it always keeps hanging in every 2-3 min. Anyway, so i am planning to buy a new modem. Soon i will be buying a laptop so i was think of buying an Adsl wifi modem, but my PC doesnt have Wifi, so will be i be able to connect my PC with the modem directly using USB port like i do with Glb-502t or not? If yes, then suggest me some wifi adsl modem.If no, then suggest me good Adsl modem, something better than glb502t.thank you,

Yes you can connect your pc with the modem via a cable and your laptop wirelessly

buy it from mtnl at Rs. 800 (plus Rs. 50/month rent if you are not on unlimited plan) or from market for Rs. 3500. mtnl gives HG 520 adsl2+ wifi router and is good. It gives router/charger/splitter/4 lan wires / 2 rj11 / cd / manual

Thanks mtnlfan,If i buy it from MTNL, Will i have to return it to them when i stop using triband?I am using Night unlimited plan, so how much will i have to pay monthly? i remember it was 75rs when i last checked it.

if you are in mumbai than for non unlimited plans it is Rs. 50 per month. i dont know of delhi.You will have to return it if you stop using mtnl. it officially belongs to mtnl.

get an ADSL modem with 4 ports and wi-fi enabled .. my preference was go to Net gear or Link-sys

Back