Please Suggest an alternative for Airtel Broadband in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter techcolour
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,414

techcolour

ISP
Airtel
Hi, I live in Bangalore and I have been using Airtel Broadband for over 3 years now, and I am very happy with Airtel. Soon, I will be shifting to an area (within Bangalore) where Airtel does not provide service.Which other Broadband service is as good as Airtel? Which one would you suggest? Is anyone here from Bangalore? I'd like to hear your opinions and suggestions.Thanks

You may try BSNL, as a stop gap measure.
http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm
costwise, the lower tariffs compared to other ISP's.( also available BB WLL/CDMA/3G etc)

I think Railwire is very popular/best in Bengaluru.
check it out if available in your area
Railwire - Geographies - Bangalore

Apply on line for availability.
Railwire - Apply Online

Thank you.I really hope Airtel does provide services in the area I will be shifting, but I doubt that will happen in the near future. So, I am not looking for a temporary option. Do you have any idea if Airtel will be expanding their services in the city?I checked with them, all they told me was, that Airtel is not available in the area, but they didn't tell me if it will be available in some time. Do you have to local customer service numbers for BSNL Banglaore. How good is the service. What speed and what plans are the best for home use.Never heard of Railwire, until you mentioned it. I looked it up, I don't think they provide in my area, also, I read that its shared lines..I wouldn't want to share the line with other users because the speed will not be constant.PS: I typed this post and clicked on send, I got a message that I was not logged in. Strange, I had logged in before I started writing here. I had to re log in again. Wonder how I got logged out..without me really logging out.

Why don't you mention , in which area or locality you are shifting , for Bengaluru members to respond. ?I have replied to you in BSNL broadband forum.

This is strange!!The topic title was "Please Suggest", now I see its changed to "Please suggest Airtel Broadband" I didn't change the title, who could have done that?? Strange!!As for the BSNL services I clicked on the link you provided, I noticed they mention lines only where technically feasible. I thought BSNL should be available in all areas because the telephone lines exist throughout the city. I now will have to find out if they do provide broadband in the area I will beshifting. I'm quite hesitant to take BSNL because its run by the government, and you how how government services are.. not good standards and really annoying.Also, I checked the Combo Plans in the BSNL link you gave me, the Combo plans don't have unlimited broadband option. I don't need a telephone line, but I thought I might need a telephone line to call the BSNL Customer service when I'm facing some problems with browsing, and considering its BSNL I might have to call frequently. Airtel provides a free telephone line, from which we can make calls to the Airtel Customer service, and the calls are toll free. I was looking for similar facility. Looks like BSNL doesn't have that facility.One more thing, The BSNL tariffs show additional charges for modem, that should be free with the connection.Do you have any idea, how long it takes to get a connection from BSNL. If it takes long, I might have to apply right away..but I'd rather wait and see if Airtel is available.

This is strange!!
The topic title was "Please Suggest", now I see its changed to "Please suggest Airtel Broadband" I didn't change the title, who could have done that?? Strange!!

There is an admin on this forum dude :) Also, an appropriate title only increases your chances of getting a response, since generic titles like "Please help", "Suggest something" do not really give much information and many tend to stay away from such links!

oh well yaeh. that was me. i made a mistake in this thread. i tend to edit thread titles based on the content of the first post. if people uses better post titles, i would not be required to do that. :(i fixed the title again when i saw his post about a messed up title.

Admin and Ajab Gajab,Yes, I guessed the mods/admin changed my thread title. And yes, its more appropriately titled now, but no one seems to care to reply.I went to the BSNL office yesterday, they made me run from one counter to another just to get the application form. On further inquiring I was told that I had to submit to form and wait for 10 days for the connection. I haven't submitted yet, I've still not decided.I also checked with Reliance, I asked for the wireless connection, but that sales guy was insisting on the wired/cable connection. I'm not sure why. I got to know about another broadband service, I don't think its Legitimate or ...actually I don't know the right word to say. Its called, Tikona. Have you heard of this? Is this a good service provider. can we trust this service provider? I want to ask another question, I may sound stupid, but..I'll ask anyways. I want to know if the service providers have any access to our computers? I think service providers will know what we browse, but do not have an access to our computer. I'm not too sure, I'm scared to take up any connection from less reputed service providers...btw, please address me as 'She'.

BSNL is not a bad service.. you would have to run around in the beginning to get your connection but once its all setup it should be fine.. you might have issues like once or twice a year where you would have to visit the customer care centre to get your problem fixed but overall its pretty decent!!

Thank you Superprash. I think I might take up BSNL.

I noticed your profile states you are using BSNL Data card. If I opt for data card, will I get it more quickly than a wired connection? Also, I'm not too sure If I can use a data card because I don't have a laptop, I have a PC. I read we can use a data card for PC's too, not sure If I can on mine. Can I just use it in any usb slot?

You seem like a techie, can you answer this also please
I want to ask another question, I may sound stupid, but..I'll ask anyways. I want to know if the service providers have any access to our computers? I think service providers will know what we browse, but do not have an access to our computer. I'm not too sure, I'm scared to take up any connection from less reputed service providers...

Back