Please suggest Best way to Download a huge file from internet.

• Thread starter Thread starter vabes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,473

vabes

ISP
sify
Hi All,I have a download limited internet connection at home, as I only surf internet without much downloading.Just now, I have to download a huge file(3 GB) from internet (for some official work).I am considering if it is possible to do from some Cyber Cafe with 1 or 2 mbps or higher speed. Are there any cyber cafe's who specifically offer high dedicated speeds for such downloading needs ?I am living in south delhi, and whatever cyber cafe's I spoke are offering only till 512 kbps(that too shared).Kindly suggest me a cost effective way to download this file within 1 (or max 2) days.Thank You.

Well, if ya want to download in INDIA, you got to pay the price. I am on 512 plan and they are taking 750INR each month!I had the 500Plan on BSNL but I crossed it and got huge bills...I recommend you to see BSNL and Airtel high speed plans..they are pretty fast :)

well the guuy needs it in a couple of days so plan changing is not an option... ur best option are the reliance web worlds.. u will get good speeds there.. on a 1 mbps line i'm guessing 3GB should take around about 6-8 hours....

I am using sify connection (3GB/month download limit) at home.Will try finding out at reliance web worlds.Another option I am considering is terminating my present cheaper sify plan(5 days left for expiry), and go for 384 kbps unlimited connection worth 550INR. I think 3GB download should complete in 2 days, if downloaded continuously.

^ My suggestion would be to get hold of a friend with an unlimited plan and have him download the file.

whatever channel u choose to download pls ensure that the download server has resume capability

easy way but not the best.

and not universal either.
Not all files are available in torrents, and the official file has almost zero possibility of being available as a torrent until it is also a file which can be shared legally.(such as ubuntu linux)
Which options do you have available as long as time is considered?

i guess torrent are available for most of the things .. about ubuntu .. they them self offer iit free so i don't think any one will share them ...

Back