Pls instruct me how to set up my EDGE connection!

• Thread starter Thread starter H2@ Vortex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,333

H2@ Vortex

ISP
Netone, Bsnl
Look, i'll tell you this straight, this info. is xtremely imp. 2 me and is very urgent, so first off, my specifications-1)a Nokia 3500c GPRS/EDGE enabled2) An airtel prepaid connection3) Living in Hisar Haryana(Comes under EDGe enabled area)4)A Data Cable5)DMO(daily mobile office rs 15/day)i need step by step instructions how to set up my connection, with every single detail...Pls reply i BEG you to tell me!!!(right now, i have tried using the following but i only get speed of :wall:1.2kbps:wall: pls help-I connect my phone to the pc with the cableand use nokia pc suite to connect but i only get :cry:1.2kbps:cry: browsing speed!!according to my phone specs. i'm supposed to get abve 230 kbps PLS HELP!!:()

even i use airtel gprs and download speed is only 4kbps i have Nokia n70 is thr any setting for edge ...though i dont think so

there is no setting for EDGE, its same as GPRS. phone auto detects EDGE.n70 doesnt show any symbol that differentiates EDGE over GPRS. but u can make it out from speed. on EDGE i clearly got above 10-12 KB/sSymbol for GPRS and EDGE is same (left and right arrow looks like =), but i sometimes see that symbol with broken line, so i guess it may be that broken line means GPRS and unbroken line means EDGE.

ok! i get the point, then tell me how to set up my GPRS connection!the thing is i'm not saying my dwnld speed is 1.2kbps, its the browsing speed, the dwnld speed is negligible!i hear it shud be at least 115kbps browsing speed and abv 4 kbps dwnld:(

broken line means GPRS connection is available(can be disabled from tools)connected line means connection on and data transfer is taking place,vodafone has a good edge network in place in most metro cities and nhways ...for airtel check the site or ask helpline..idea also has edge

what the hell!! noone seems to be getting what i say!I know what EDGE is and i know it turns on automatically just tell me t5he procedure on how to connect my phone to the net....i just want to know what mistake have i done while connecting to get such low speeds!

if ur able to connect to net thn u havent made mistake :rofl:the only thing is speed depend on network coverage

what the hell!! noone seems to be getting what i say!
I know what EDGE is and i know it turns on automatically just tell me t5he procedure on how to connect my phone to the net....i just want to know what mistake have i done while connecting to get such low speeds!

Speed depends upon GPRS/EDGE network strength in your area...If netwrok is poor speed is poor.

YOU DONT NEED TO DO ANYTHING EXTRA TO SET OR ACTIVATE EDGEIF YOUR HANDSET AND NETWORK SUPPORTS IT YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET IMPROVED SPEEDS-Airtel does not have an all india EDGE presence when connecting in cities with EDGE you will automatically get improved speeds.-For vodafone u can check on their site in areas and highways where edge is there-Idea has a edge nw but speeds are not as great as vodafonehope that helped

wow everyone... lol @H2@ Vortex i never used 3500 but i'll try... here are the settings... connection > data connection > edit any profile say "hello" > APN > input "airtelgprs.com" without quotes > done Nokia phones are the easiest to setup. remember to make this profile as "default"... anyways, if your able to connect to the internet then all the settings are considered good. your speed depends on a lot of things and it seems in your case, the local tower is capping your browsing/download speeds...

Back