• Thread starter Thread starter VivR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,965

VivR

searcher
ISP
Airtel, MTNL and Reliance
It is not that i've not searched online already, but none i have found so far...I am looking for an android tablet with 3G/calling (via a sim card) facility (so basically that could also be interpreted as i am looking for an android phone). It must have the following :1) Size - anywhere b/w 5 to 10 inch. (However, the resolution should be a min. of 480*800 if 5 inch, 1280*800 if 7 inch, and higher for higher screen size).2) OS - Android 4.0 ICS or above3) HDMI port must.4) At least 1 GB RAM (512 mb ram practically is not enough with android since many of the apps, such as gmail, maps etc. and native apps could not be moved to SD card).5) At least 1.2 Ghz processor6) Budget = Rs. 12,000 max.Anything else like availability of bluetooth, gps etc. does not matter.Thanks in advance

Both are having 1Ghz processor... :|
And for RAM...if you exclude talk facility then OR if you increase your budget i can give you more options...!! :|
If you choose TALK over RAM facility...then im sorry there are no efficient models... :|
Or if its ok with excluding TALK then check this out..Im actually using one of its Tab...dual core processor and 1GB RAM and dual core GPU
Ainol India - Sellers of Ainol Novo Tablets in India
Or if you want both RAM/CPU and also talk then i recommend you try
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100: Flipkart.com

I also have an Ainol Fire... :) But as u said it doesn't have talk.

The talk (calling facility) is important for me due to some reason... Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 does cover up all the requirements but it is way beyond my budget (Rs. 12k.........................Rs. 19.3k) :(

Upvote 0
You are talking about Internal storage, not RAM. x10 has 384mb of RAM and 1GB of Internal Storage.

Going by the gsmarena.com, u r right for the x10. My x10 phone is showing 465 MB as TOTAL internal phone storage (available 31.98 MB). But i presume the rest 535 MB are used for internal apps and os and that even shown to be count in the TOTAL internal phone storage.

Thanks a ton to you and chromaniac for enlightening me on this... i may now have to see all options once again with this new perspective.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Here what u need...All options available..its very slim,light weight..

pls check it

10.1 Inch IPS Capacitive Touch screen 1280X800 Android 4.0 ICS 1GB DDR3 4GB Nand Falsh Dual Cameras +WiFi +Bluetooth +GPS+ Phone Call

Thanks for this option as it has all the features i need. It is just a little out of the max. budget i have (15.5k/12k). But i could see to that.

More importantly, i have never heard of this ww.e4gen.com site. Is it safe to make the purchase from this site? I have not found any link about its reliability on google.

Upvote 0
Wammy Desire is a great tablet (Rockchip 3066 Dual Core | 1 GB RAM | Jelly Bean | 1280*600 res) @ Rs. 6999

Wammy Desire

1) Size - 7 Inch 1280*600
2) OS - Android 4.1
3) HDMI port must. - Yes
4) 1 GB RAM
5) 1.6 GHz Dual Core Rockchip RK3066
6) Price = 6499 for 800*480 res | 6999 for 1280*600 Res

I'd say its the best budget tablet for 7" BUT It does not have 3G calling.!

Upvote 0
Videocon Mobile Phones, Compare/Buy Online Mobile Phones Deals India

Videocon VT10 10.1'' . Buy Best Videocon VT10 10.1'' at Lowest Price Online (COD available)

Good enough tablet with good features from a good enough brand. As a brand, Videocon customer support should definitely be above the Micromax, Karbonn and other such small brands though the customer service is expected to be worse than reputed international brands such as Samsung, Asus, Acer etc. So, a good one for that screen size and pricing but it does not have 3G or calling either. If you leave the calling factor apart, then it falls into place in your criteria.

For a calling cum good specifications tablet, the Samsung ones are the only reliable ones that make sense. I have also researched a lot in the last few weeks after one Chinese tablet went bad. I had a budget of around Rs.10000+ and was looking for a good tablet. But at the end of my research I ended up buying the Galaxy Note 800 /10.1 tablet which has all the features but cost me a lot more at Rs.35000 (after coupon etc.). If you are fine with 1 GB RAM and dual core processor, then there is another option in the Galaxy tab 2 P5100. After the recent price drop of the tablet, it is available at Flipkart for Rs.25900 and should cost a few thousand bucks at Ebay.in or any other third party seller who is willing to reduce profit margin.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Upvote 0

Back