• Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,220
Status
Not open for further replies.

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,I have been hearing from people that Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf modem speed which is a poor 153 kbps is going to be upgraded by the company free of cost for the users, but my nearby Tata agent says he has heared nothing of sort, please let me know. I got very excited hearing this news/rumour, but need clarification. It is good that some other ISPs are upgrading the speed to a faster one on existing connections. Thanks..

Hi,

I have been hearing from people that Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf modem speed which is a poor 153 kbps is going to be upgraded by the company free of cost for the users, but my nearby Tata agent says he has heared nothing of sort, please let me know. I got very excited hearing this news/rumour, but need clarification. It is good that some other ISPs are upgrading the speed to a faster one on existing connections. Thanks..

Tata teleservices limited

Dear Customer,

the plug2surf modem speed cannot be upgarded free of cost, however there is an upgrade offer in which you can upgrade your Plug2surf modem to Photon+ modem, for which you need to return the current modem and purchase new Photon+ modem,you will be given a discount of Rs.1000/-.Kindly visit nearest TVH/TVS in this regard.
Thank You.

Tata teleservices limited

Dear Customer,

the plug2surf modem speed cannot be upgarded free of cost, however there is an upgrade offer in which you can upgrade your Plug2surf modem to Photon+ modem, for which you need to return the current modem and purchase new Photon+ modem,you will be given a discount of Rs.1000/-.Kindly visit nearest TVH/TVS in this regard.
Thank You.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I have a few more questions for you, please respond ASAP. Thanks.

1. My Plug 2 Surf modem (Photon Whiz as called by some) is more than 18 months old and a pre-paid one, will that be acceptable?

2. The Photon Plus modem is sold for around Rs. 2300-2500 so I will have to pay Rs. 1000 less for it, if I surrender my old modem ie Plug 2 Surf, right?

3. I would like to have a pre-paid Photon Plus modem only in exchange for the old Plug 2 Surf, as I do not want a post-paid one with billing problems. Is it possible?

4. If I go for an exchange and get a new Photon Plus in Mumbai, I can use it anywhere in India (towns/cities where the signal is available) and recharge it anywhere in India (where the Tata agents are), am I correct?

5. Is the Photon Plus modem compatible with both a laptop and desktop, as I have both?

6. Is Photon Plus modem compatible with Linux operating systems, if yes then please tell me which versions or distros.

7. I came across this page on the Tata Indicom's site which tells that if one goes for the Friends and Family Offer, he will have to go for any plan with a monthly rental value less than Rs 750, then the offer will be withdrawn. Here it is

If the customer switches to any plan with monthly rental value less than Rs 750, then the offer will be withdrawn...

TATA Photon+ Usb Modem

But I am not sure if the same requirement of sticking to a minimum monthly plan of Rs. 750 is applicable to the upgrade plan you have suggested me in which I am supposed to just surrender my old Whiz modem, please clarify this.

I intend to go for the upgrade offer only and use the Photon Plus modem (a pre-paid one only if possible) for a 30 day recharge of less than Rs. 750 as mentioned here on this page.

Amount Usage Validity
Rs. 200 250 MB 30 days
Rs. 500 650 MB 30 days
Rs. 700 1 GB (1024 MB) 30 days
Rs. 850 2 GB (2048 MB) 30 days
Rs. 1000 4 GB (4096 MB) 30 days
Rs. 1200 5 GB (5120 MB) 30 days

Photon Plus Prepaid Service
8. As per my understanding, there are two offers for Photon Plus and they both are different as mentioned on this page. One is called the Upgrade Offer and another is called Family & Friends Offer, Am I right? Here it is

TATA Photon+ Usb Modem

9. I have heared a lot of different download speed (not the connection speed or downlink speed, but the speed when you download a file or song from the net) from members of this forum, they say it varies anything between 20 to 200 kbps, please can you shed some light on this issue.

10. If one wants to surrender/return any Tata modem (Plug 2 Surf/Whiz, Photon Plus etc.) to the Tata appointed agent and ask for refund if any balance left on a pre-paid or post-paid connection, then what is the official procedure? It is not mentioned any where on the Tata Indicom site. Please help with this.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back