Plzz help...How to activate BSNL 3G....??

symbianguru

ISP
BSNL 3G
Hey!! Anyone here who knows how to activate bsnl 3G from start plzz post your e-mail ID...

My problem is that my "bsnlnet" access point is not working.I had a BSNL 2G sim which i bought 5years back and was automatically converted to 3G last year. So i tested it and it gave 1Mbps speed but only through "bsnllive"....and "bsnlnet" gave error "Page Not Found" on every site.

So i decided to buy a new 3G sim hoping that it was a fault on my previous no. and bsnlnet would work on it...So i bought new sim for Rs.59 and i don't know which FRC was recharged on it but it was not FRC120....i got less than Rs50 balance after FRC...Bsnlnet worked on it in the starting till the balance of FRC was there but that too with slower speed...and once the balance was over...i recharged it again and it stopped working....now only bsnllive is working on it with slow speed:O.Is only FRC120 necessary to activate bsnlnet??

So i have decided to start it once again but in your guidance....if you didn't encountered any of these problems, then will you help me from start??:)

I have Nokia X6 and have set it to UMTS mode..!! And thanx for help:grin:..!!

[email protected]

symbianguru said:
Hey!! Anyone here who knows how to activate bsnl 3G converted to 3G last year.
So i tested it and it gave 1Mbps speed but only through "bsnllive"....and "bsnlnet" gave error "Page Not Found" on every site.

So i decided to buy a new 3G sim ..................................................

I have Nokia X6 and have set it to UMTS mode..!! .....
What are the Handsets which support 3G handsets?

Please go to Url Refer:
GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...
Nokia India - world leader in mobile phone industry
http:// Sony Ericsson - Sony Ericsson
For Nokia: N series: N97,N95,N93,N91,N90,N86,N85,N82,N81,N80,N77,N75,N73music,N900 etc
Enterprise series: E90,E75,E71,E66,E65,E63,E61 i etc
6 series: 6350,6730C,6600i,6760SLIDE,6790SURGE,6216,6720C,6710N,6210N,6280 etc.
Express series: 5330,5230,5800,5730,5330,5630 etc.

Yours listed ?
see Faq page for 3g.
FAQ CATEGORY ANSWER

FRC 120 is not necessary to activate bsnlnet APN. bsnlnet is the default APN.Try to maintain balance over Rs 50/-.

FRC 120 is not necessary to activate bsnlnet APN. bsnlnet is the default APN.
Try to maintain balance over Rs 50/-.

But my speed is also slow even if i get full signal !!

It is due to caping of your connection. There is a temporary BSNL problem, try to get a new sim.

It is due to caping of your connection. There is a temporary BSNL problem, try to get a new sim.
How much dwnldng speed are you getting??

I am getting 230KBps maximum download speed and 120 KBps average download speed (not browsing speed, which is fluctuating between 700KBps-2.1MBps).I am using a 3.6 MBps modem so this speed. If I use 7.2 MBps or higher modem I will surely get better speed.

I am getting 230KBps maximum download speed and 120 KBps average download speed (not browsing speed, which is fluctuating between 700KBps-2.1MBps).
I am using a 3.6 MBps modem so this speed. If I use 7.2 Mbps or higher modem I will surely get better speed.

I don't know if it is just me, but I am rather confused about your speeds. Do you mean MBps and KBps or Mbps and Kbps

MBps (MegaByte per second) (Which is 0.7-2.1 MBps: my browsing speed shown by Network Meter, and download speed is 0.23-0.12 MBps)KBps (kiloByte per second) kbps (kilobits per second)mbps (megabits per second)Sorry for misspell in previous post. Rectified.

Back