Poll on New packages

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,701
Again tata proved their worst behavior....
Why do they trying to increse price of channels...
there is no use to the north people. but they should pay more

Just now i changed the package to south jumbo and it took 5 mins.. first had to connect to the CC and then the stupid girl/women who ever she is lifted it and said " sorry my system is struck and so i cant check your subscriber ID and cant do anything, and please call after 1 hour:" then i hung up the phone.. and called them again this time the line went to some other person and he just activated my package within 2mins..

Though I am not effected by new packages(Sun),I am not going to miss any of my favorites but I still believe that TS people are taking us for a ransom.Sun or nO sun that's not the question,what really bothers me is that they have increased the subscription charges.This will definately act as a deterrent for all the north Indians who would have got a real feel of south through Sun channels.

Again tata proved their worst behavior....
Why do they trying to increse price of channels...
there is no use to the north people. but they should pay more

Northern customers are unaffected. As long as they dont need SUN group of channels, their subscription fee (for whatever package which was subsribed to earlier) will remain the same.

-Ravi

Northern customers are unaffected. As long as they dont need SUN group of channels, their subscription fee (for whatever package which was subsribed to earlier) will remain the same.

-Ravi

but how can Tata Sky expect south indian people to pay so much for just few channels

but how can Tata Sky expect south indian people to pay so much for just few channels
Sun is very popular in South India and it is a MUST. TS has passed the 50 rs for the SUN bouquet to the customers. 14 channels for 50 rs will come to 3.58 rs per channel. The figure looks reasonable, but the only problem is not everyone will watch all channels. TS probably thought it is better to get the bouquet rather than fight it out in the court. With the SUN channels, there will definitely be more customers. They could use this period (before Dish gets the SUN channles) to woo more customers, since now TS would be a better option for new customers than Dish. People could offset the cost be disconnecting the cable services. With the South Value pack (300 rs) they could get all channels except the Hindi channels. There is very less takers for Hindi Channels in TN.

I am happy with the 300 rs pack as I get all the channels that I watch. Active Sports is the one not present in the pack, but it is something I disliked.

I think most non Hindi speaking tamilians in TN will be happy with the packages.

Since SUN is very popular in TN, everybody had to pay 100 rs (some cases it is 75 rs) apart from Dish Tv/TS subscription adding up the cost to 400 rs (300 + 100 cable). Now it actually becomes cheap and can get all the channels in superior quality.

-Ravi

but would u still want to pay more for watching less channels.. i dont know malayalam so why shd i pay for watching malayalam channels, similarly i dont know marathi or bengali so why the extra amt.. i am juat trying to say that they should hav made seperate packages like hindi,english,sports,movies,reigional packages just as they have in the organiser menu so customers can pick wat they wish to see and pay for that.. this will be nice right... Post mails or make mock calls to TS cc will be good.. so i'm making calls on this wat abt u guys..

but would u still want to pay more for watching less channels.. i dont know malayalam so why shd i pay for watching malayalam channels, similarly i dont know marathi or bengali so why the extra amt.. i am juat trying to say that they should hav made seperate packages like hindi,english,sports,movies,reigional packages just as they have in the organiser menu so customers can pick wat they wish to see and pay for that.. this will be nice right... Post mails or make mock calls to TS cc will be good.. so i'm making calls on this wat abt u guys..

TS already said before their final settlement that they dont want to make a subscriber pay for a language which he does not watch. but now why they are not thinking about it now. .........if you people forgot then here is small recap.....

Tata Sky, a 80: 20 joint venture between Tata group and broadcast major Star India, had contended that these packages did not suite the interest of its south-based regional viewers.

"Packages should suit the regional audience. A Tamil viewer should not be forced to pay for Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada channels," counsel appearing for TataSky said.

This was said before they reached final agreement..

TS already said before their final settlement that they dont want to make a subscriber pay for a language which he does not watch. but now why they are not thinking about it now. .........if you people forgot then here is small recap.....

Tata Sky, a 80: 20 joint venture between Tata group and broadcast major Star India, had contended that these packages did not suite the interest of its south-based regional viewers.

"Packages should suit the regional audience. A Tamil viewer should not be forced to pay for Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada channels," counsel appearing for TataSky said.

This was said before they reached final agreement..

Hi jjvj,

That is what Tata Sky argued before the court to get the SUN channels on a pick and choose basis. But as per the out of court settlement TS has to get the full bouquet of SUN channels. That's the reason the not providing channels of a particular language separately. Lets see if the continue to do the same after Dec 1.

-Ravi

Hi jjvj,

That is what Tata Sky argued before the court to get the SUN channels on a pick and choose basis. But as per the out of court settlement TS has to get the full bouquet of SUN channels. That's the reason the not providing channels of a particular language separately. Lets see if the continue to do the same after Dec 1.

-Ravi

They could have waited for few more days as anyhow Sun was nearing its launch and then they would anyhow had to give the channels to tatasky.. what is the use of TS fighting in Tdsat for 2 years and got nothing ..

and why people always think from Dec 1 st we will get lot good chanenls and packages....... it will be reverse.. tatask or dishtv or sun dth will pick the channels which they want and will not give us the whole bouquet. then the DTH will be more like Cable ops.

we might loose few zee channels on tatasky and star channels on dishtv and also many more channels as they will only pick the channels which they want and not the subscriber wants.

They could have waited for few more days as anyhow Sun was nearing its launch and then they would anyhow had to give the channels to Tata Sky.. what is the use of TS fighting in Tdsat for 2 years and got nothing ..

and why people always think from Dec 1 st we will get lot good chanenls and packages....... it will be reverse.. tatask or dishtv or sun dth will pick the channels which they want and will not give us the whole bouquet. then the DTH will be more like Cable ops.

we might loose few zee channels on tatasky and star channels on dishtv and also many more channels as they will only pick the channels which they want and not the subscriber wants.

Hi jjvj,
Tata will definetly get more new customers in south if they have SUN channels in their platform. Instead of fighting it out in the court and spending crores of rupees in the court, it will be a prudent approach to get an out of court settlement and make the best use of the period before SUN launches its DTH. DTH is an high investment business and it takes more time to break even. I guess it is fair enough on TS to hike the prices.

All the while we have been frustrated that SUN channels are not added on TS. But now we say that price is an issue. I looked at the Dish TV forums and people there are irritated that SUN is not there.
I dont think that DishTV will offer SUN free or lesser price.
-Ravi

Back