Port 8080 opened on my airtel nokia router without me knowing anything about it.

• Thread starter Thread starter rdivki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,522
ISP
Jio
I was just randomly checking on canyouseeme.org and found that port 8080 is openend on my router to confirm i tried connecting to that port from my jio mobile data connection and weirdly my router login page popped up. I havent set up any portforwarding rules on my router , and based on the posts here it seems regular users who havent opted for static ips dont get the benefit anyways . So what might be happening ? Also CGNAT isnt active in my area , my router is being assigned public IPV4 addresses.

Port forwarding is not for the router but for the clients connected to the router. ISPs control their routers from backend. If you find 8080 has a service running, there should be some way to disable remote management in your router settings. May be see if there's option for remote management and disable that option. I don't have Nokia router so can't be specific here. Just hinting.

Please understand what the issue is and then look for solutions. As rohitks mentioned, port forwarding has no play here. You just need to disable the router admin console over internet.
Now, since you have not provided the router model number, I am assuming it to be G-2425G-A, as this is widely used by Airtel.
Go to Security > Access Control and set HTTP, HTTPS to deny on the WAN port. This should stop access of the management console over the internet.

Also, If you have not changed the port, please check why the management console is running on port 8080. The default is to run on 80 afaik!

Back