• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,605

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
ISP
BSNL Broadband 750 UL @ Rs.500 pm
Hi All,

A few days back (6th May) I had opened a thread mentioning that Dish TV had removed MGM channel from its existing satellite (NSS) to the their new satellite (ASIASAT). I had called up the CC (the same day) and inquired about the same, informing them I had already paid in advance for the channel when I recharged and they just can't remove a channel. They can't expect me to put up an extra LNB worth Rs.400 for their channel shifting. But mere calls did not help. On 7th May, I wrote to the CC, even that went in vain. They said they can't do anything. On 8th May, I wrote to the Nodal Officer. I never got a reply from the Nodal office. Strange that a Nodal officer does not reply to a customer query.

Finally, on 10th May, I filed an official complaint at the pgportal.gov.in website explaining my query to them in detail. On 8th June, I received a call from Dish TV and I told them my story in detail. I told them that they just can't remove channels at their own whims and fancies, especially when I had paid them a 3 months advance subscription. The caller finally assured me a subscription extension by 1 week. Within two hours, I found my renewal date extended by a week...!! Though I received a revert after 1 month, but still it worked.

Bottom Line :

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: is a very powerful website. You can lodge official complaints against Mobile Operators, DTH service providers, Broadband Companies, etc. But you should approach them only after following the normal grievance redressal mechanisms put forth by the party whom you are complaining against. Revert from the party (against whom you are complaining) might depend how they sensitize your issue, but you will receive a revert.

So go ahead, spread the word & rise up against unethical practices !!!

Thanks !!

i thought TRAI made it mandatory for them to announce any change in plan six months before. i guess it is hard to implement for DTH operators. anyways, good to see that it worked out well for you!

@chromaniac,Well if you see then they technically did not remove the channel MGM from their packages. They had shifted the channel to another satellite. So TRAI can't catch them on that as they are still offering the channel but only for those who purchase and install the new LNB. This is what I harped upon, the fact that they can't force me to buy additional stuff to watch channels I had paid for!!And BTW, thanks for changing the thread title ! Its more apt !!

Back