Post paid blues and tragedies..

ISP
Airtel
Hello, One bad day i recieved a sales calls from vodafone, a lady called as nivedita gave me the details about the post paid connection. I informed her that i am currently unemployed for which she told me very clearly that it doesnt matter because this is a special post paid offer. I purchased it instantly and a week later the verification guy came home and took down my details including my "unemployed status". After 2 hrs my account was blocked/suspended. :frown:I tried a million times to get it activated but my efforts went down the drain. Numerous calls to call center only worsened my situation. Sometimes, they just plainly hung up on me without any conversation. So, i decided to cancel the account. One agent from the call center informed me that i dont need to cancel the account as it'll get cancelled instantly if i dont use the account! I did not bother myself with this issue for many days until a month later i recieved a bill so i went down to the vodafone store and the customer service agent told me that i need to cancel the account otherwise i will continue to recieve more bills! :confused:I somehow accepted this and applied for cancellation. Total pending bill amount was 179 after deducting the security deposit of 500 rs. The total bill was 500+ but they used the security deposit too. The agent informed me to pay 130 rs instead of 179 citing the reasons that i was not given much service. A month later i have recieved one more bill. What should i do now? The bill is 350. On the charges list, none of the parameters have been charged which means that every paramter reads zero. They say that my previous balance was 479 and they have deducted 130 from it. I went to the store to say the same and the same agent informed me that it was misunderstanding but i am sure they are trying to loot me as much as possible. I am not a rich lad to throw money around (Unemployed dept!:(), so can anyone tell me in detailed steps of how to go about this mess? Please send me a private email if you want it to be confidential.

I too had a vodafone postpaid connection which I wanted to surrender. But since I knew of all these sending-bill-after-disconnection, I gave the request to convert to prepaid instead of cancelling the number. In that way you have the proof that the connection is in prepaid even if they send you bills! and guess what; I did receive a bill after one month of cancellation. I just went to the Vodafone store and gave them the proof that my connection is already prepaid so how can you send me bills. That's all... I have never received the bill again. So the only thing you can do is meet a senior person at the Vodafone office and clarify all the matters and request them to cancel your previous dues. :thumb:

that is a good idea for something that should not be needed in the first place :o

that is a good idea for something that should not be needed in the first place :o

LOL.. Vodafone is a big NO NO. I dont know about others as it would be wrong to generalize but i have had a series of issues with hutch in the past and now vodafone. Hutch sold me the card saying that there would be absolutely no daily rental but just 3 months later they started deducting 1 rupee from my account everyday.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

I too had a vodafone postpaid connection which I wanted to surrender. But since I knew of all these sending-bill-after-disconnection, I gave the request to convert to prepaid instead of cancelling the number. In that way you have the proof that the connection is in prepaid even if they send you bills! and guess what; I did receive a bill after one month of cancellation. I just went to the Vodafone store and gave them the proof that my connection is already prepaid so how can you send me bills. That's all... I have never received the bill again.

So the only thing you can do is meet a senior person at the Vodafone office and clarify all the matters and request them to cancel your previous dues. :thumb:

Thanks for your suggestions but tell me one thing mate, remove pain in one side of the ass to get in another? I dont know about others but vodafone just plainly HATES me:redface:. They even held a violent protest against me on the streets(LOL):rolleyes:. It feels bad to be hated this way. LOL..

When I had cancelled my postpaid connection around 1 year back.. They had given me a form saying that connection terminated and no dues pending.. Thats all.. After that I didnt receive any bills from them..According to me, that's the best thing you can do while terminating your connection..You at least have a proof that ur connection is terminated!

Hey, is it resolved?If yes, then stay away from Vodafone.If no, then contact Nodal officer and Appellate Authority.

Hey, is it resolved?

If yes, then stay away from Vodafone.

If no, then contact Nodal officer and Appellate Authority.

Nope..Still recieving bills but fortunately they are officially waiting to use my security deposit for this last bill. I dont know which rules they follow but it seems like they have this rule of not using the security deposit for atleast 2 months or something.

Did a direct sales agent (DSA) call you or directly from Voda?

It was not from vodafone but a sister company of its sales department i guess. They dont even answer the call when u call them back..

Back