Pre Order Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop Edition CD's

• Thread starter Thread starter honey01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 11,790
Ordered the 32bit CD mostly for the stickers :)Just finished downloading the 64bit RC, will install it in a few min...

Hardy 64-bit is looking very good indeed!It has HD audio capability which XP does not, I think Vista has it and XP's SP3 will add it... My mp3s are sounding much better on my cheapo Creative 2.1 speakers!

Ubuntu requires 512MB RAM.I have only 256MB, and Xubuntu has a lot of bugs.I hope Xubuntu 8 will be better.Anyone know of a distro, which has only the linux kernel and GNOME desktop, and very little apps?

Try Puppy Linux

I have only heard of it, not tried it myself...

bam. i need that desktop to play with linux :(

Ubuntu requires 512MB RAM.

I have only 256MB, and Xubuntu has a lot of bugs.

I hope Xubuntu 8 will be better.

Anyone know of a distro, which has only the linux kernel and GNOME desktop, and very little apps?

Distributions that ship GNOME as their Default Desktop
GNOME: Get Footware

dont know about their hardware requirements, but i heard gOS is good for low end machines DistroWatch.com: gOS moreover its based upon ubuntu...

maybe someone may shed more light on this...

just one cd per account. rather disappointing :Dbut still free stuff is free stuff. :)7.10 cd i ordered saved me a lot of hassle when vista on my laptop crapped out.

Puppy has its own horrible interface.gOS uses Enlightment, I do not feel at home with it, but I will try it today.But, now I feel, instead of taking all these trouble, I may easily upgrade to more RAM.

Back