Price difference between ADSL & Cable

ISP
AT&T
Being a Triband user from the past 10yrs or so, I am sort of contended with it's service. There are rarely any down times & even if there is an issue, the technicians usually rectify it pretty quick.My issue though is based on the price difference that I've observed between MTNL plans & the corresponding cable line plans.
I use the DSL 999 Unlimited which gives 1MB/s at Rs.1340 per month (that's after adding the various taxes) while my friends using
cable line pay Rs.600-700 for the same! That's not all, they get equal upload speeds & their downloads speeds vary from their planned
speed to sometimes above it as well. Examples would be 24 Online, YOU, SSV, D-VoiS & the most famous 5Net.
So can anyone explain why am I paying nearly double for the same plans? The MTNL people don't even have to lay cables for connection
and the modem is my own as well. Yet the exorbitant cost is pissing me off.

I think u have taken 999ul + voice plan which comes comes at 1340 after taxes. if you don't use Landline much then u shud have taken 999combo plan which comes out to Rs.1162 after taxes.Yes its still costly because of the monopoly mtnl have, dsl is a lot reliable than cable bb.Tbh mtnl is still cheaper than airtel and bsnl in other cities.

igloo said:
I think u have taken 999ul + voice plan which comes comes at 1340 after taxes. if you don't use Landline much then u shud have taken 999combo plan which comes out to Rs.1162 after taxes.Yes its still costly because of the monopoly mtnl have, dsl is a lot reliable than cable bb.Tbh mtnl is still cheaper than airtel and bsnl in other cities.
Hello Igloo,
Yes I just went through the bills & realized that. Have already informed parents about this waste of money.
But it sucks that we've to pay nearly double the price for a service which is just about the same as what Cable providers give. I feel that cable broadband is actually a tad more fast & their upload speeds are generous as well!
kreacher10 said:
If I remember right MTNL Triband started in 2005 (around Mar-Apr) :D
Yep. You're correct.

Back