• Thread starter Thread starter Krishna6233
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 21,426
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL EVDO,Reliance 2G
Bought this MR3220 router from snapdeal for 1497rs to use with my bsnl evdo prithvi modem.
Total disappointment :sad: :sad: :sad:
Configuring with the datacard was hassle free but the internet connection speed has significant drop when connected to router even when the signal strength is shown as 83%.
Internet speed is fine when i connect the evdo datacard directly to computer using extension cable(60 -80KB/s and sometimes above 100KB/s).stable 3bar signal and -84dbm
Also it refuses to get connected when i connect the evdo datacard to router using a small usb extension cable.
Tried contacting TP-Link through mail and their toll free no...no response :mad (): :mad (): :mad (): :mad (): :mad ():
it was loaded with the latest firmware 130423 and i downgraded it to 130326 now there is a slight improvement still not good enough :question:
any suggestion ..help????

.........??

I'm confused on whether to buy a router or not. I'm confused between 3020 3220 3420.i have ZTE 2766 unlocked and a prithvi 100.but I need to used a .5m extention cable Atleast :/
I get 3-4 bars in prithvi modem and speeds of around 200kb/sec -300 kb/sec for most times of d day.
And 80 kb/sec -150 kb/sec rest of the times.
About 1.6 mbps at an average

TP-LINK3020- I ordered it from Amazon and was entirely unimpressed with its performance. The range was pathetic (may be I had set wrong expectations, after all it's a 'pocket' router) and also the connection speed was much lower as compared to when I directly plugged the Prithvi card into my laptop. TP-Link Customer care downgraded the upgrade but it only marginally fared better. Amazon was gracious enough to accept the return and processed a full refund. I wanted to order TP-Link 3420 (what with 2 antennas and all) from Amazon but snapdeal offered a better rate and I went with it but the same issue continues. Speed almost halves if using data card with the router and mind you I do not even get speeds close to 1/4th of what Krishnan and InternetAddict usually get. The only time I got speeds of 800 Kbps and upwards (without the router) was within 1st week of getting the Prithvi card in 3rd week of Feb 14. Now it's mostly around 100-200 Kbps and getting a router only worsened it.
Krishnan, what brand of USB extension cable have you been using mate?

@harsh
I have a few queries,
1)what is the usual speed you get while being directly plugged into the pc/laptop-
A) without an extension cable.
B) with an extension cable.

2)does the TP-Link 3020/3420 connect while using an extension cable?
If yes,
A) what speed do you achieve with the extension cable
B) without the cable.
P. S. All the tests must be taken at d same spot to ensure equality n approximately same part of d day.
Also I have remained reluctant to go for 3020 since it doesn't seem to have any external antennas and seemed pretty much basic.
Also since this week it hs been re priced over 1.6k now (costlier than 3220). It previously was retailing around 1200~.

Money actually isn't what matters, it is about the end result and satisfaction that we manage to get.
I'm shifting over to a new house, it seems to have lesser coverage since the flat is a bit away from Road, I thought of settings up a wifi router.
Range wouldn't be a problem since it spreads over for not more than 1000 sqft on a single floor with not more than 2 walls at d max.

harshb said:
TP-LINK3020- I ordered it from Amazon and was entirely unimpressed with its performance. The range was pathetic (may be I had set wrong expectations, after all it's a 'pocket' router) and also the connection speed was much lower as compared to when I directly plugged the Prithvi card into my laptop. TP-Link Customer care downgraded the upgrade but it only marginally fared better. Amazon was gracious enough to accept the return and processed a full refund. I wanted to order TP-Link 3420 (what with 2 antennas and all) from Amazon but snapdeal offered a better rate and I went with it but the same issue continues. Speed almost halves if using data card with the router and mind you I do not even get speeds close to 1/4th of what Krishnan and InternetAddict usually get. The only time I got speeds of 800 Kbps and upwards (without the router) was within 1st week of getting the Prithvi card in 3rd week of Feb 14. Now it's mostly around 100-200 Kbps and getting a router only worsened it.
harshb said:
I am thinking about returning the router ..
Before that i will try my luck once more and update here.
Tp Link guys saying prithvi ue100 is not compatible with MR3220 ..wtf! i asked them to help me some way :D
asked me to send a screenshot of speed test with and without using router.
using an usb cable got with TL-WN721N wifi adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back