• Thread starter Thread starter tnr_80b
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,531

tnr_80b

ISP
Airtel
Guys,

I need some help urgently and I would really appreciate if some of you networking gurus one can give me some guidance.

A couple of days back I got my Airtel Broadband. My internet connection is working fine currently ; however it works only through a wired connection (i.e with the Ethernet cable) ; I cannot get my wireless working with the Netgear Router. I have spent 2 days on this without any success.

My modem is Beetel ADSL2 Model 110 TC1. Wireless Router model is WGR614 v5. I am able to access the internet through the Netgear router ( i.e. Modem is connected to the Router and wired connection from Router to the computer works OK). But for some reason, wireless does not work.

I have used wireless on the same router before (albeit with a different modem ) and I am quite familiar with the wireless access control settings ( SSID, access control list etc ). To the best of my knowledge, these are all correctly configured.

When I try to connect to the wireless point, the system connects OK to the my wireless point when the LAN cord is connected but says " limited connectivity". Internet connection is lost as soon as the ethernet cable is unplugged. If I try to connect to the wireless point without the cable, I am not able to connect to the wireless access point at all.

I have searched this forum and someone suggested I have to use port forwarding when using Netgear with a ADSL modem. I tried to do this going into the modem's configuration page but even this does not seem to work ( or I am not sure as to how to configure this correctly )

I am able to access both my Netgear router configuration page ( http://http://routerlogin.net ) and also the Beetle modem configuration page.

It is currently very inconvenient to sit near the telephone socket all the time and use a wired connection and it would be great if someone could give me some tips for getting my wireless working. Any more details required, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance.
TNR

In your modem
1Enable DHCP and give a range.192,168.1.2 to say 192.168.1.10
2.Try Always On mode Not Dialer mode.

In computer:
3. Network tcp/ip properties
Obtain ip address automatically
can change DNS to openDNS
and 208.67.22.220
Apply SAVE.
3.When testing in WIFI remove the LAN cable from same computer
For 1 above to access modem settings )

[Current IP Check
type this address in Address bar.
confirm a new window opens
for modem.
4. IP address of Netgear change to 192.168.1.2
5. Post / copy paste this data (nO edit )
Start run type cmd OK
New window
type ipconfig /all
feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I made the changes suggested by you in the modem and in my computer, still the wireless did not work;

However after I changed the IP address of the Netgear router, I am not able to access the router also. I am not even able to access the admin page (OpenDNS ) to try and reverse the changes.

Also tried resetting the router, still does not seem to work.

Anything else I can do to get the router running..?

Thanks,
TNR

Do step by step operations. First power of the airtel modem, then the router and last the pc or vice versa. when you keep the settings obtain automatically, and power on simulteneously all the items, it gets confused and could not obtain the correct ip addresses. or else set ip address in proper manner and allot one to desktop and the other to laptop. now you should get connected.

Back