Problem with Sound in Tata Sky HD Channels.

I have been using Tata Sky HD for quite a while now. Before I proceed this is my setup- Sony Full HD TV [EX400]- Tata Sky HD- YAMAHA AV ReceiverUntil Tuesday (19/Apr/2011) all my HD channels were playing 5.1 Audio. Since Wednesday (20/Apr/2011) all my HD channels are playing only 2.1 Audio. I am not sure if the software update on 20th caused this. Is any body else experiencing this behavior !

Other than that a continuing problem is also that randomly the sound intermittently just cuts off in most HD channels. This used to happen before as well, and now with the new channels too.

I agree.. facing the same problem. Sounds cuts off in between. I'm guessing early days for the HD channels, they will rectify it, lets hope quickly though.

I saw some sound on-off on Day 1 in Star Movie HD but Not after that. But is there any one else experiencing a 5.1 reduced to 2.1. Cause I am still not sure if its the Tata Sky Box or my AV Receiver. Just want to know if any one else is seeing this behavior. Cause I tried connecting with the Help center who did not have a clue of what I was talking. Still hoping to escalate the issue further to find a answer.

Use coaxial cable to get 5.1 sound . Else the sound on HD channel will sound dimmer/lower than normal

Remember until 19th April 2011 I had 5.1 Working just by connecting STB-HDMI-AVRECEIVER-HDMI-TVIts just stopped working from 20th April 2011 onwards. So I am in no mood to go for a Co-Axial cable as of now. I am currently working with the Tata Sky Technical team to see if there is a fix to this issue.I will post the feedback once I hear back from them.

If i am correct ...your STB upgraded the software on 20th :)The new software has this bug/feature - HDMI wire does not carry the 5.1 sound.Have tried calling the call center many time - finally realised - coaxial cable is a faster/simpler solutionMoronic thing that such a STB does not support HDMI wire for 5.1 audio !!!!

Updated the software - No luckChanged the STB to a new one - No luckYou are right the new software has a bug which does not allow 5.1 audio over HDMI !

Back