Problem with volume of many channels of Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter ashutosh_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 10,803
Guys,Even I am facing this problem :(After the recent software update, I see that many channels have very low volume like Tensports, Sony, SAB, Discovery, World Movies.There is problem only with few channels others are fine.Please shoot out a mail from the portal, they'll call us and hope that the problem is rectified ASAP

I have a different problem with volume and this is to the differences between different channels. Is there any way to limit the volume so it sounds the same across all. Course there's the blaring ads as well.Would a AV receiver solve this problem ?

@blr_p : I had same problem as you are having. The volume, as i mentioned before has not gone down to the same level for all the channels. For a few channels it was good and for many other channels it had gone down drastically. I am gonig to check the dish checked again today along with the receivers. However, since many people are facing this problem, it is probable that the problem is from the broadcasting end.

As Jignesh said above, I think all of us should keep logging on to www.tatasky.com and keep writing query in the 'contact us' section in the access area that we get to after we log in. This is likely to help Tata Sky understand that there is a problem from their end. If we do not keep feeding back, they wont realise it.

-Ashutosh

Even I have been facing this sort of problem I wonder if it is from the broadcaster's end, software upgrade or something else that has caused this general problem to all?

The problem seems to be occuring for many people, but the thing is, many of those have kind of ignored it. They might have raised the sound of their TV sets and thus settled with it. However, this does not mean that the problem isnt there. There is a problem both with the quality of the sound as well as the intensity of the sound.

@^^Agreed. On few channels the sound is superb and on few channels its so low that I've to set the volume to the highest level, worst channel being effected in SAB TV.Ive sent a mail to them, lets see wat they donna do :X

@^^

Agreed. On few channels the sound is superb and on few channels its so low that I've to set the volume to the highest level, worst channel being effected in SAB TV.

Ive sent a mail to them, lets see wat they donna do :X

Good that you have sent a mail to them buddy. It is only by means of numerous feedback that they might realise that there is a problem at their end. The volume level as well as quality are vey frustrating for many channels and hence we have to keep the volume real high to be able to hear it.
I urge all the people who are facing this problem to send this feedback to Tata Sky ASAP.

And yes, as Kopout suggested there are occassional pixel problems also for a couple of seconds in few channels.

-Ashutosh

hi all. i send an email to Tata Sky regarding the pixealtion and volume problem which most of us face , i request all of u guys to email them so that they know whats happening

Hi again,

just for the reference of you all, I have sent the following mail to Nodal officer of Tata Sky (maharashtra)

Hi,

This is to bring to your notice that tata sky has started to have issues with volumes of many channels. The issue is such that volume that can be heard in few channels is very less (compared to what it used to be until about 4-5 days back). One has to raise the TV volume significantly to hear the same.

I had launched a complaint and was attended by tata sky. However, since the problem seems to be at the broadcasting end, not much can be done by trying to fix the box or the TV set for that matter

I am not composing this email to complain about the tech engineers who visit our places to fix the technical faults but I want to bring it to your notice that there is a broadcasting issue from your end. I was advised to get my TV checked but I argued that the sound problem happens with many channels and not all the channels.
Moreover, if you visit the following forum, you will find that there are many others who agree with me on this matter :

https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth/59563-problem-volume-many-channels-tata-sky/

Apart from that following are the subs ids of two of my friends who agree that there are issues with volume and you can get this verified by getting them called up. These are just two of the examples and I am sure you might have seen many more in the link above. Further if you conduct a survey, you will find most of the people agreeing to this. Many of them are thinking their TV sets have got too old and hence might not have complained until now.

xxxx (abc zyz, baroda)

xxxx (aaa 888, Pune)

Could you please make an effort from your side to ensure that this problem is checked at the broadcasting end and is fixed ASAP? My subscription is expiring in July 2010 and if this issue continues, I might be compelled to think whether I should continue with Tata sky or should switch to another service provider.

Best regards,
Ashutosh
Subs id - xxxx

For the refrences of all of you, the nodal officers' email addresses (as per one of the posts in this forums only) follows below (kindly do the needful by sending your feedbacks and ask your friends also to do the same)

[*]Details of nodal officers:
In addition to the dedicated call centre network in place, Tata Sky has nominated nodal officers for redressal of grievances of those subscribers who are not satisfied with the redressal at the call centre level. Such subscribers can contact the nodal officers citing the docket number issued by the call centre.

Name of the state Telephone number of the nodal officer E-mail ID of the nodal officer
[*]Andhra Pradesh 040-27661314 [email protected]
[*]Arunachal Pradesh 0360-2292200 [email protected]
[*]Assam 0361-2464900 [email protected]
Bihar 0731-2546843* [email protected]
Chhattisgarh 0674-2390101 [email protected]
Goa 0832-2421009 [email protected]
Gujarat 079-26464411 [email protected]
Delhi & Haryana 0124-2300368 [email protected]
Himachal Pradesh 0177-2628955 [email protected]
Jammu and Kashmir 0172-2720078* [email protected]
Jharkhand 0674-2390101* [email protected]
Karnataka 080-23623388 [email protected]
Kerala 0484-2373733 [email protected]
Madhya Pradesh 0731- 2546843 [email protected]
Maharashtra 020-24499009 [email protected]
Manipur 0385-2449555 [email protected]
Meghalaya 0364-2503332 [email protected]
Mizoram 0361-2464900* [email protected]
Nagaland 0361-2464900* [email protected]
Orissa 0674-2390101 [email protected]
Punjab 0172-2720078 [email protected]
Rajasthan 0141-2377077 [email protected]
Sikkim 03592-205444 [email protected]
Tamil Nadu 044-24622562 [email protected]
Tripura 0381-2351909 [email protected]
Uttar Pradesh 0522-2231111 [email protected]
Uttarakhand 0135-2721420 [email protected]
West Bengal 033-22545555 [email protected] *Local telephone number to be updated shortly
[/list]

Ashutosh

Done sent the email

Well done buddy. More are such mails, more will be the impact! :urock:

Back