Problems with Reliance Broadband Thunder Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,271
  • Views Views 192,788
Status
Not open for further replies.
yashleo21 said:
God damn the customer support is way too responsive. Registered a complaint online at around 3 PM. Technician visited just now and resolved the problem too :D
bro pls help me out me 2 frm LUCKNOW jst got my FORM submttd 2 d persn & he gave me time of 2 days fr CONNECTN!! I want 2 knw wat will b d best MODEM fr me MODEM+ROUTER 1300sqft house want 2 use it ovr WIFI 2 connct 2laptop+2mobile+1desktop(non wifi)!! & which model u r using!! Pls reply soon only 1 day remaining!!

^ They will provide you with a modem if its an ADSL connection. For basic wifi purposes you can get a Belkin router for ~ 1200. That'll be more than enough. Incase of a metro ethernet connection things will be different as there will be one CAT5 cable instead of a modem. Then you just need a wifi router.

Hi guys im new to this forum and got my reliance broadband installed week ago . . so i have few questions
1.I have D-Link 2730u modem wifi one . .nd huwaei hg556a would these work as i have tried and they are not working
2.Suggest me a router which is good,i got wire which i straight connect to my laptop lan port so suggest me the router and do surfing but its difficult for me to use on phone
thanks .

I came back to lko yesterday and today there were ridiculous connection drops. Dropping for 5 mins and working again all day long. Anyone facing this issue?

Worst experience with Reliance Thunder,
I get 1Mbps instead of 2Mbps
No wifi modem (I have one but they don't know how to configure it, they say I have to pay additional 200 Rs for configuring)
No Land line phone
Frequent disconnection

Reliance Broadband Plans - Here's the Reality!
If you are planning to buy broadband connection from Reliance or already a Customer,
you need to be aware of this staged global issue with Reliance, most Customers face, aware or not.
Normal:
1mbps = ~128KB/s
2mbps = ~256KB/s
4mbps = ~512KB/s
On all ISP's such as Tata Indicom, even on crap BSNL & Hathway,
you always get those above mentioned speeds as expected unless they are having server issues.
Reliance:
1mbps = ~109KB/s. 18-22KB/s less than expected
2mbps = ~210KB/s. 40-45KB/s less than expected
4mbps = ~425KB/s. 80-90KB/s less than expected
On Reliance you always get 10-15% less speeds than expected unless you are lucky.
Its not because Reliance is having server issues. Its because of Data Rate Trick Reliance uses.
On speedtest.net, if you have 1mbps plan for example,
speed test results will show download speed at 0.88-0.91mbps almost always.
If your data rate is ok, your results will be always around 0.97-1.02mbps.
Check your Data Rate:
Open browser & type: http://192.168.1.1/ and enter user/pass: admin
if modem page not loading, go to LAN Properties and Enter this IP manually:
IP: 192.168.1.2
sub: 255.255.255.0
gatewy: 192.168.1.1
Click on ADSL Status: look for "Downstream Rate" What do you see?
Note: Downstream Rate is not your Plan Speed. It is a setting to force restrict your Line Speed to specific rate.
If you have 1mbps plan & your Downstream Rate is 1024 means problem. You can't achive 128KB/s Download speed.
same way If you have 2mbps plan & your Downstream Rate is 2048, you can't achive 256KB/s Download speed.
If you happen to have 2mbps plan but 1024 Downstream Rate, You are wasting your 50% Money!
Why can't you get Full speed? here's why
Downstream Rate is also mistakenly set 1mbps and hence there is no room for Overhead,
as result you won't be able to achieve 1mbps.
10% bandwidth is now forced to be reserved for overhead. on some modems you might get even less speeds.
ISP should not touch the Downstream & Upstream Rates or keep Rates same as Plan Speed.
Downstream Rate is being kept same as Plan Speed.
A issue customers might have with Downstream Rate being same as Plan Speed,
When you are downloading something, you might notice that websites often stuck at Connecting...
If you pause download, website problem goes away. Because Not enough room for Overhead.
What should be the proper Downstream Rate?
1mbps = 2048 Downstream Rate
2mbps = 4096 Downstream Rate
4mbps = 8192 Downstream Rate
Downstream Rate setting should be always double than Plan Speed.
so you can always have enough room for Overhead.
this setting is setup from Reliance Server side, hence
you will need to complain & tell to increase your Downstream Rate.
otherwise just stick to 1mbps as you don't lose much speed.

Another trick for 1-2 mbps plan users. For the time being just upgrade your plan to 4 mbps. So they will set the downstream rate @ 4096 And then revert back to your original plan after some days.
In my case downstream rate remained same 4096. So I am getting full 2 Mbps.

Hello,
I recently shifted from a 2 mbps plan to a 4 mbps plan. As mentioned by Saber, on speedtest.net I am getting a download speed of 3.5 mbps, and my transfer rate hovers around the 380-420 KBps mark. After speaking to Customer Care, I was told that since I have a router attached to the modem (Im using wifi) , I will get lesser speed than I would without a router. After reading Saber's post, i tried to find out the downstream number. I have a Linksys WRH54G router. But on the admin page, or anywhere else, i cannot find the word Downstream.
Is there any other term that I should look for?
or contact Customer Care directly and ask them to tell me the number?

I think testing isp speed with good torrents is more scientific then http....as many factors are responsible for http speeds.............are you getting the promised speed in torrents ?? kindly confirm.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back