• Thread starter Thread starter Daddycool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,312

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
My company in Mumbai has merged with another and I will have to relocate to Pune. I am required to join in Pune before July 31st. I am currently looking out for a flat on rent. 1BHK will suffice but I need it furnished if possible. My workplace will be at Koregaon Park so south-eastern side of Pune is preferred. Currently, Fatima Nagar or NIBM Rd is near top of my list. Kalyani Nagar or Koregaon Park itself would be great if there is a reasonable price option. Would prefer to avoid broker for obvious reasons. Please let me know if you are aware of something.I will also need a new ISP or perhaps use one of those USB Tata Photon+ types of products. A mobile solution would be helpful because I may keep coming to Mumbai some weekends and I do not want to keep paying MTNL Rs 780/- plus tax as I do currently. I am not a heavy user and my downloads are largely updates and a few youtube videos which my wife watches. So a suggestion in this regard from Pune residents will help a great deal.

I have no idea about flats/bungalows on rent/lease. Sorry!Regarding broadband: airtel broadband has feasibility in all the areas that you have mentioned. I've personally verified this. No idea about how BSNL service is.

OK I've managed to get some accommodation for temporary use for 2-3 months. Once I get there I will have ample opportunity for a more regular arrangement. However, it would probably still be rental which means I would need a portable internet solution and not a fixed one.

I have no idea about flats/bungalows on rent/lease. Sorry!

Regarding broadband: airtel broadband has feasibility in all the areas that you have mentioned. I've personally verified this. No idea about how BSNL service is.
I need it to be a portable service. I will use it in Pune but also on some weekends in Mumbai. In Pune, my place of residence will probably not be stable for first year or two.

Why don't you check some sites like 99acres for rent? you can find any flats for reasonable rents. please select individual poster

The accommodation is under control for now. I now need to figure out which portable internet service will be best for me.

mtnl/BSNL 3g.both work good in roaming.Have used bsnl 3g in Mumbai and currently using MTNL 3g in Pune.

mtnl/BSNL 3g.

both work good in roaming.

Have used bsnl 3g in Mumbai and currently using MTNL 3g in Pune.
Thanks @arnav_ch.
What is the startup cost for MTNL 3G? I guess there is the modem, the SIM and the HSDPA activation right? What does all that come to at the base level?

Back