• Thread starter Thread starter alig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,708

alig

The NeXt GeneraTion
ISP
Airtel
I have been using Hactived iPhone 3G for a while and I have always wanted , "Push notifications" to work for various applications like IM+ where I get notified of an IM if it was sent to me when I was off-line. Finally yesterday I came across an article which explained how the new PUSH DOCTOR developed by Anethema and CmdShft , which officially fixes the Push Fix, unlike the earlier fix, where a lot of people were using the same certs, which created issues like people getting notifications of other people or no notifications at all, PUSH DOCTOR fixes the issue by providing an individual cert to each iPhone/iPod. Just wanted to share this with all the iPhone users on IBF. I have used Push Doctor yesterday and have tested it extensively with IM+ and it works perfectly.
The credit for this goes to Anethema and CmdShft, THANK YOU Guys for providing us with this solution.
The link to the article is here:
Push Doctor : Free Push Fix for hacktivated iPhone’s | jailbreak

I had followed the instructions on this article.

NOTE:
You need to respring/Reboot the device after installation.
After Resprint/Reboot goto settings and you WILL NOT See the Notifications sections.
What I did after this was opened up the applications which support Push(IM+ in my case). After that I went to settings and the Notifications Sections had appeared, then I went into the section and turned Notifications for IM+. Do so with all the Applications on your device which support Push! eg. Facebook app. and others.
You will need to run the applications once before they appear under the Notifications sections in Settings.

This worked for me guys, if after running the apps the notifications dont appear, iHackintosh recommends reinstalling the app. You can try that. But for me just running the apps once worked.

Good Luck!

I dont think this discussion is allowed here!

alright. personally i do not think jailbreaking the iPhone violates any law in india and even in the usa! whatdayasay?

Jailbreaking is not against the law, it only violates your warranty with Apple, but they need to find out that you did jailbreak your iPhone.

Back