Qualcomm Snapdragon 820

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,549
In anandtech :
When it comes to the camera, it seems that this unit is directly shared with the Nexus 6’s camera, although it doesn’t seem to have the more expensive voice coil motor that is needed to enable OIS.

The same camera sensor (EXMOR 214) is used in the following phones, some are even cheaper than Moto G 2015.

Vivo Xshot,
Oppo Find 7,
Oppo Find 7a,
OnePlus One,
Oppo R1S,
Vivo Xshot Ultimate,
Vivo Xshot Elite,
Oppo N1 mini,
Huawei Honor 6,
ZTE Nubia Z7,
ZTE Nubia Z7 Max,
ZTE Nubia Z7 mini,
Xiaomi Mi 4,
TCL P728M,
Oppo R1K,
IUNI U3,
Vivo X5,
Huawei Ascend Mate 7,
Huawei Ascend G7,
Nexus 6,
HTC Butterfly 2,
Huawei Ascend P7,
Cosmos One Plus,
Elephone Pioneer P7000,
Jiayu s3,
Moto G 2015,
Yu Yureka Plus

What does someone intend to do with these high end processors..
I mean I have an atrix HD which still runs official cyanogenmod smoothly..and I have a Mi3 which has a SD800 which runs everything..
If we consider things like LTE..the technology has not even yet matured.

Snapdragon 820 Leak Details Quad-Core Hydra CPU And Adreno 530 GPU

This will be the first chip using Qualcomm's new custom ARM core, apparently called Hydra now. The leaked slides claim a 35% performance increase over the Cortex-A57 ARM reference core. This will be a quad-core chip rather than an octa-core big.LITTLE affair like the Snapdragon 810. On the GPU side, Qualcomm is stepping up to the Adreno 530, and claims a 40% improvement in performance and 30% efficiency boost.
The Snapdragon 820 will be based on a 14nm manufacturing process (810 was 20nm), which should help reduce heat at higher clock speeds. The change to custom CPU cores should also improve matters. It will also support cameras up to 28MP with a programmable DSP, low-power sensors, and LPDDR4 memory. The chip is targeted for release to OEMs at the end of 2015, but don't expect it to show up in any phones until early 2016.

Back