Query - Airtel 1mbps Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Mukundsv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,817

Mukundsv

ISP
Airtel
Hi. I just upgraded to 1 mbps unlimited from airtel BUT i dont really think the change is as tremendous as i was hoping it would be. The downloads through torrents are a healthy 126 kBps (average), sometimes going upto 250+ also. All in all, an okish upgrade AFA speed is concerned. Now browsing through the forums i found out about the website where i could test my bandwidth and here are the results

https://www.speedtest.net

Now the download speed it ascertains is 1210 kbps which i believe is 121 kBps. My question is, is it what a person is expected to get through a 1mbs fat pipe or are we being ripped off ?

My question may seem silly or noobish to some of you which i am sure they are, but i am a non-technical entity so please bear.

Thanks in advance

Hey i think the speed is OK as far as the 1Mbps plan is concerned. I mean you are getting good speeds naa.. :)

Download speed is very good almost 150KB/s... but upload should be better.

hm...this thread is turning interesting! Alas; im justa student: my parents will NO WAY pay 2222PM just to let me surf @ 1mbps n dwnload Podcasts n iTunes Movie Rentals!....jeez. I really wish ISPs stop the cheating and get us TRUE Broadband!!

There is no cheating going on over here?
oh! yes their is: THEY'RE OVERCHARGING US FOR THE BANDWIDTH N LOOTING US.!!!! We're too busy fighting for our streets that we're not bothered about the BASIC NECESSITY: The Information Superhighway!

Back