Question on buying from Amazon.com

indianarchie

Regular
ISP
MTNL Xpress Non-combo 650 Unltd.
Hi...I have a question regarding customs duty applicable on imported LCD monitors in India.I am looking for a good 22' LCD with 2ms speed, in Bombay. The only option for a 2ms 22'incl LCD that seems available in the market is Viewsonic, while the other preferred options, like Samsung (226BW/T220) are nowhere to be found. I would rather avoid the Viewsonic, since their service is supposed to be as good as nonexistent. In this scenario, does it make sense to order the Samsung model from Amazon.com? If anyone has ordered from there, how was the experience, and is it advisible to go for this method? Also, how much shipping cost and customs duty would I have to pay to get the monitor here? And what about after sales service...would the Samsung centers here service it? If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Haven't tried Dell before.....how is the experience in India for home users...support wise and warranty wise? Do they provide a replacement screen till the issue is sorted out? Also, the price for the Dell LCD (SP2208WFP) is 16.5k on their website, plus taxes so not sure what the final price would be, and if the premium is worth it..coz Viewsonics 22' 2ms screen is for 12.5k, all inclusive price.Also, any idea abt the BenQ service in Bombayor generally? Their newly announced 21 inch E2200HD sounds good and is priced at 13.5k, with full HD resolution, so thats an option if the service is decent.

Buying from amazon.com a samsung lcd??? will samsung India give the necessary support and warranty etc? I don't think so!

i would not advise you to get an lcd from outside because of warranty. having warranty on lcd is very important.if on a budget try to look around for LG 226WTQ in croma or reliance digital stores, its for around 12.5k.the Dell monitors are just excellent.

Back