Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Now, my current cheapo Nokia phone just would not give me decent signal connectivity.

Used to be much better but it has become pretty worthless for me.

So, I am considering buying this combo deal from the company.

They are giving the crappy Moto Razr V3c along with a crappy looking bluetooth headset for Rs. 7000.

Now, the phone does not have expandable memory which kills the usability of the mp3 playing capability and the 1.3 megapixel camera for me.

I am confused. Any suggestions? I just do not like any other mobile handset Tata has on sale :P (TATA Indicom - Do More Live More -----------------)

you want the tata connection right? i mean you need a phone that works with tata connection right?well the only decent phone there is Nokia 6265, but hell the price! its says 15500 on their website! that is so sucky! :O

well i already have a working post paid connection with tata indicom. they keep on saying that my phone has problems and their signals in gurgaon are alright. so i am planning to change the instrument keeping the same number... and it would be nice if the handset is somewhat decent :D .that is the point. the razr is the only decent DECENTLY priced handset on their website. with that shitty bluetooth thing, 7K looks like a steal compared to their other offerings!

You can buy any CDMA phone, need not be from TATA. They will have to activate your number on this phone if you ask them to.

my friend had this to say. he could not get a reliance phone instrument activated on a tata indicom network... the phone seems to be loaded with some customized software that links the phone to the service provider.but if this is not the case i can get a good unlocked cdma phone from the US and get it activated on tata indicom. i seriously doubt it is even possible!

^ i dont think thats possible. tata and reliance dont allow other cdma phones to be used with their service. you have to use those stupid phones. thats the reason i took up hutch now.i was using reliance before and was giving me very good calling rates. i just loved the reliance to reliance night free calling. you see my gf also had a reliance phone :happy: (but she doesnt even have a cell phone now :(:()

there is member of mobile forum......providing utstarcom ppc6700(unlocked) imported from US....if interested?

too much of a risk to take. i dont like the indicom guys in my city. are pretty useless for any kind of query i usually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back