Really Slow Download Speeds on Indinet/Siti Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter debanjan757
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 11,692
Nope. And I don't even expect it to change at this point. I decided to switch to H-Fiber and I was supposed to get the connection yesterday. But couldn't reach out to the LCO...

I am getting torrent speed of 30 kbps and other normal dwnloads at 3.5 mbps...was this the same issue with u ??

TBH I don't torrent as much anymore. Nowadays I try to own as much stuff as I can afford. But shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. final season and other stuffs aren't available on any streaming services. So that kind of stuffs, I have to torrent. And the last time I tried to download that, as usual got 10-30kbps without VPN, and almost full speed with Nord VPN. What I have noticed with Siti is, pretty much every port is blocked (which it wasn't for people without a static IP couple years ago), giving you strict NAT type in games and this torrent problem. When I called Siti about it, they were adamant to say that they don't block any ports. But after pressuring them, they said "some security ports are blocked." That's why I get strict NAT and I need to buy a static IP to open them up. But, checking on canyouseeme.org, I can't see any port that is open. Now, I could easily afford to pay for the static IP. But I decided not to because, I don't really prefer a static IP due to security reasons. And I don't really have any use of a static IP other than opening ports. Now if you use qbittorrent, on the bottom you'll see a green or orange icon (can't remember off the top of my head) that lets you know if you have a proper connection. Because the ports are blocked, without Nord, it stays on orange with 30kbps download speed. H-Fiber has all ports open, that's why I am switching to it.

If you have any other option other than Siti in your area, I would suggest you to switch. You can read my experience with Siti broadband here Hathway asking 15k for a direct connection | Hathway Broadband H Fiber FTTH

If you don't have any other option, unfortunately Nord is the only thing that worked for me. I know that people can make their own VPN for free using DigitalOcean or AWS or something like that, but I am not really experienced in those stuffs. And VPNs are getting very cheap. You can also buy shared accounts from places for even cheaper, if you know where to look.

Back