• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,975

s_parkhi

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Even though RTI Act doesn't apply to Tata Sky, I think as subscribers, we have the right to know the reasons for which Star Majha is still not there on Tata Sky. This is because, its a Star group's channel which is 20% partner in TS. More than that, its on INSAT 4A only and its FTA channel. So there is no need for TS to capture the signals and again uplink these from Banglore on their satellite. Inspite of all this, what might be the reasons for not showing it on Tata Sky? Customer care has a typical recorded message that they are in the process of adding new channels and will send us the alert when the channel is started on TS.

I think they are waiting for that channel to launch on other DTH first. :hysterical:

No posts in this thread? Senior members of the forum are not interested to comment or have they missed out?

As Tata Sky has recently added MI MARATHI, so MAY BE they don't want to introduce Marathi channel soon, or they may go out of option as they don't have much to add in Marathi segment.
Also STAR news channels are produced MCCS (Star Majha - Group Profile) and they are not inhouse channels of STAR so it looks like TATASKY are least interested

As Tata Sky has recently added MI MARATHI, so MAY BE they don't want to introduce Marathi channel soon, or they may go out of option as they don't have much to add in Marathi segment.
Also STAR news channels are produced MCCS (Star Majha - Group Profile) and they are not inhouse channels of STAR so it looks like TATASKY are least interested

Might be the case. But then if Dish TV adds that, then it will be a shame on TS. Moreover, I am unable to understand whats the cost involved for TS? The channel is FTA and on same satellite. Just need to tune in the digicomp. Still then can't give the options to the subscribers.

Might be the case. But then if Dish TV adds that, then it will be a shame on TS. Moreover, I am unable to understand whats the cost involved for TS? The channel is FTA and on same satellite. Just need to tune in the digicomp. Still then can't give the options to the subscribers.
I think if any of DTH providers adds it, it will be Tata Sky, bcoz DISH has ZEE 24 TAAS, so there is no need for them on adding 1 more regional news channel
About FTA & same SAT - although it is on same satellite it is in C-band, while our DTH service works on Ku-band, and our dish-lnb cannot receive C-band signal

I think if any of DTH providers adds it, it will be Tata Sky, bcoz DISH has ZEE 24 TAAS, so there is no need for them on adding 1 more regional news channel
About FTA & same SAT - although it is on same satellite it is in C-band, while our DTH service works on Ku-band, and our dish-lnb cannot receive C-band signal

Thats quite a logical reply. Thats what we expect from TS CC.

Thats quite a logical reply. Thats what we expect from TS CC.
My Friend, please spare me, I am not all related to Tata Sky CC by any chance :ashamed:, I was working for STB company & DTH provider outside India (If any doubt look at my profile :))

My Friend, please spare me, I am not all related to Tata Sky CC by any chance :ashamed:, I was working for STB company & DTH provider outside India (If any doubt look at my profile :))

I didn't meant that you work in TS. What I wanted to say was that, TS CC should give such logical replies. That C Band and Ku Band explanation that you gave sounds logical. :)

I didn't meant that you work in TS. What I wanted to say was that, TS CC should give such logical replies. That C Band and Ku Band explanation that you gave sounds logical. :)
Oh! I thought other way around, so I thought clarify it immediately before other members start firing towards me assuming I belong to Tata Sky :)

Back