Recording programs from Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter haril
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 15,771
can u post screenshots of the display of Tv you are getting when u try to do this.. then we will be able to help u:thumbsup:

Sure I'll do that but only tonight after I get back home.

I also Use LG DVD Recorder & it works fine with Tata Sky,i had LG people coming at my house & they did the whole set up, i am not good with all this wiring stuff, u can get a help from local some electronic guy, it wont be that hard thing, also which brand DVD Recorder are u using, try emailing them & may be they will give u some help.

I also Use LG DVD Recorder & it works fine with Tata Sky,
i had LG people coming at my house & they did the whole set up, i am not good with all this wiring stuff,

u can get a help from local some electronic guy, it wont be that hard thing,
also which brand DVD Recorder are u using, try emailing them & may be they will give u some help.

Thanks Sabir, that answers the question about whether Tata sky signals are recordable. I have this recorder - Toshiba | D-R400: DVD Recorder* with 1080p** Upconversion

As far as wiring is concerned I am pretty sure about what I have done. It might boil down to NTSC v/s PAL ... :(

What Tata Sky CC people said that their content cannot be recorded is correct and it is under copyright rule. But I think it may apply only for Movie-On-Demand and TV channels may be able to record.About Video out problem, there are settings in recorder (which I used) like Video-In/Video-Out. It has options like RGB/SVHS... etc. Check by changing various options for In & Out (If available) and by-passed Video from recorder should be OK.

simple question what did u like so much that u wanted to record? Movies u can get DVDs

Just about anything..let say documentaries, serials, cartoons for the kids..

Aare its not getting recoredd because of this pal/ntsc problm only thats it. Im not very pro in these but i think since the thing gets recrorded from tv that means its no more digital - its analogue. The signal remains digital upto the STB - from stb it becomes analogue - so u can record it. Thats why u can use normal cable tv cord to connect STB to tv tuner and watch it in a particulr channel.If u have some old VCR - try it - every thing works. I've even recoredd audio signals throug line out/in of the tv into my laptop.There is no way Tata Sky can block recording of their tv signals until even the tv we're using is digital - i mean there is no conversion to analogue.

Well whatever the CC has said is complete bullshit.Only the wire coming directly from the satellite needs to be processed which is what your STB does. Once you take the video out from the STB, what you get is your pure analog video. It does not need to be decrypted or anything. So whatever problem you are facing is probably because of your DVD Recorder. Refer to the manual, or contact THEIR manufacturers, or post in forums related to that product.

simple question what did u like so much that u wanted to record? Movies u can get DVDs

But we will miss that great TS logo :hysterical:

Back