Recording Showcase Channel on TataSky+

• Thread starter Thread starter Raksha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 22,955
You can record showcase. It doesn't get deleted automatically after 72 hours either. Deletion is governed by your TS+ settings in which you can prevent that from auto deletion. TS+ has clearly mentioned that only thing you cannot record is Actve Services and Radio Channels (which are not there presently)

Recording possible on SHOWCASE movies :oThat is interesting to hear.

You can record showcase. It doesn't get deleted automatically after 72 hours either. Deletion is governed by your TS+ settings in which you can prevent that from auto deletion. TS+ has clearly mentioned that only thing you cannot record is Actve Services and Radio Channels (which are not there presently)

Show case movie not automatically deleted but after viewing its encryption kicks in and you get the same blue screen as you get on the live showcase screen asking you to call CC...so basically you cannot have it for forever even if you lock it from getting deleted

Show case movie not automatically deleted but after viewing its encryption kicks in and you get the same blue screen as you get on the live showcase screen asking you to call CC...so basically you cannot have it for forever even if you lock it from getting deleted
I was expecting something like that and knew for sure that SHOWCASE movies would not available forever.

You can record SHOWCASE channel content. But the movie will be deleted automatically after 72Hrs of first time start watching it.
Have you protected the movie?

I was expecting something like that and knew for sure that SHOWCASE movies would not available forever.

And I guess this is what will happen if you don't pay the TS+ usage charges if you are not on the lifetime free offer:happy:

Okay I heard your comments & asked my friend who has TS+ to experiment with the same. We got together & tried to exploit some flaws in its system. So here is what we did don't try it for commercial use & don't share this info with TS. First of all call TS Showcase channels come on 371 to 376 channels. Add all of them (or the required to record channel on which the movie is to begin) to your favorite channel list, in this way the channel numbers will change if at all the TS+ Showcase channels are encrypted or there is some other security setting in the firmware of the STB itself. For eg. We remapped the CH 372 to Fav. Ch 910. after that in System Settings of the STB we changed the record Time limit before programme starts & after its end time to 10 min from its default settings & saved the same. Now we changed the default system PIN code from 1111 to say 4455 & saved the same. Now we went to the Disk management option where the disk space is automatically managed my system & change it to Manual mode that means the system cant automatically delete it for watever reasons & saved the settings. Now exit the system settings put The STB to standby mode via pressing power button on STB & switch off supply to STB from mains. After 5 min we again powered it On & it worked fine next we ordered a showcase movie as per the showcase event code on channel 372 & in the guide we went to favorite list & on channel 910 we set it to record by pressing Rec on the remote just 20 min prior to the movie begin. We then purposely did not tune to that channel & after about 10 min when record lighted glowed on the STB to indicate record has begin. Then after 15 min of recording the trailer & featured movie Ads the main movie began & it recorded fine up to end. After movie ended (not yet tuned to Showcase CH 372 of Fav. CH 910) we pressed Plan on remote highlighted the movie bu its name & pressed the green button on remote to secure - lock it from deletion. That it exit Plan by pressing TV on remote & power off the STB. Its been two days after we again watched the whole movie with our families and the Movie has not be automatically deleted yet. So I ask you PPL to try it & reply were you successful in it.

Okay I heard your comments & asked my friend who has TS+ to experiment with the same. We got together & tried to exploit some flaws in its system. So here is what we did don't try it for commercial use & don't share this info with TS. First of all call TS Showcase channels come on 371 to 376 channels. Add all of them (or the required to record channel on which the movie is to begin) to your favorite channel list, in this way the channel numbers will change if at all the TS+ Showcase channels are encrypted or there is some other security setting in the firmware of the STB itself. For eg. We remapped the CH 372 to Fav. Ch 910. after that in System Settings of the STB we changed the record Time limit before programme starts & after its end time to 10 min from its default settings & saved the same. Now we changed the default system PIN code from 1111 to say 4455 & saved the same. Now we went to the Disk management option where the disk space is automatically managed my system & change it to Manual mode that means the system cant automatically delete it for watever reasons & saved the settings. Now exit the system settings put The STB to standby mode via pressing power button on STB & switch off supply to STB from mains. After 5 min we again powered it On & it worked fine next we ordered a showcase movie as per the showcase event code on channel 372 & in the guide we went to favorite list & on channel 910 we set it to record by pressing Rec on the remote just 20 min prior to the movie begin. We then purposely did not tune to that channel & after about 10 min when record lighted glowed on the STB to indicate record has begin. Then after 15 min of recording the trailer & featured movie Ads the main movie began & it recorded fine up to end. After movie ended (not yet tuned to Showcase CH 372 of Fav. CH 910) we pressed Plan on remote highlighted the movie bu its name & pressed the green button on remote to secure - lock it from deletion. That it exit Plan by pressing TV on remote & power off the STB. Its been two days after we again watched the whole movie with our families and the Movie has not be automatically deleted yet. So I ask you PPL to try it & reply were you successful in it.
It will be there for 72 hours...3 days....please let us know on the 4th Day :)

You could record anything but Actve content. The rest of the recording is governed by your recording settings. I think its possible to record Showcase as well, they havent specified any auto deletion of showcase per say...hence it might have to do with your default settings

Back