Recording Showcase Channel on TataSky+

• Thread starter Thread starter Raksha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 22,955
You could record anything but Actve content. The rest of the recording is governed by your recording settings. I think its possible to record Showcase as well, they havent specified any auto deletion of showcase per say...hence it might have to do with your default settings

For the record I have already posted on this forum, That you can record a showcase event, even watch it as much as you please for 72 hours after that the recording does not vanish but you get the blue screen asking you to contact customer care. That means
1. All recordings are encrypted so that they can be viewed only on the STB and the encryption is linked with the Viewing Card
2. If you don't pay your subscription charges for TS+ which is currently Rs 50 ( But free for lifetime for the initial people like me who didn't mind shelling out 6 grands for this technology), your viewing of the recorded content can be restricted.
3. This is how future showcase / push VOD movies will be available for limited time.
4. Wait for a day, and Raksha will give u confirmation.
5. I have already walked this road and know for sure :)

It will be there for 72 hours...3 days....please let us know on the 4th Day :)

:p:happy: Okay it has been more than 78 hrs since we recorded that showcase movie. We watched it fully a few couple of times with our friends & family and guess what it still does not appear to be deleted. So I think our trick might have just worked. For your rec. the movie was Matrix Revolutions. Wonderful movie great picture quality & digital sound. I guess we would like to keep it forever if disk space permits. I will let you know if its still there for over a week this weekend.

:redface: Btw anyone had any luck wid ripping the recorded contents from the STB's 160GB HDD? I searched about every where but couldn't find a solid solution or technique that had actually worked. Keep trying guys & I too will next week when I get to lay my hands on my new TS+ STB.

Hey wait a minute, we (me & my friend - A on who's TS+ STB we performed this Showcase recording tweak) just found that the movie is still here & working as of now (to date). But we also found out that that's bcoz my friend - A has opted for a Annual Mega Pack (12 months subscription for Rs. 5000/-) at the time of his upgrade from TS to TS+, that's the reason why the movie is still there I guess. Where as in my case I opted for a Annual Super Saver Pack (12 monts subscription for Rs. 2600/-) during my upgrade installation. So I tried the same thing at my place on my STB but as stated by kumararvind before it lasted for only 72hrs (after re-viewing it on the next day I recorded it) after which till now I am getting a Blue screen as you get on the live showcase screen asking you to call CC (as mentioned by SVK). So what we can judge from this is that the above tweak only works for the subscribers of Annual Mega Pack & not for Annual Base Pack or for Monthly Base pack subscribers.

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Where as in my case I opted for a Annual Super Saver Pack (12 monts subscription for Rs. 2600/-) during my upgrade installation.
Hey, when did u get ur TS+?

Hey wait a minute, we (me & my friend - A on who's TS+ STB we performed this Showcase recording tweak) just found that the movie is still here & working as of now (to date). But we also found out that that's bcoz my friend - A has opted for a Annual Mega Pack (12 months subscription for Rs. 5000/-) at the time of his upgrade from TS to TS+, that's the reason why the movie is still there I guess. Where as in my case I opted for a Annual Super Saver Pack (12 monts subscription for Rs. 2600/-) during my upgrade installation. So I tried the same thing at my place on my STB but as stated by kumararvind before it lasted for only 72hrs (after re-viewing it on the next day I recorded it) after which till now I am getting a Blue screen as you get on the live showcase screen asking you to call CC (as mentioned by SVK). So what we can judge from this is that the above tweak only works for the subscribers of Annual Mega Pack & not for Annual Base Pack or for Monthly Base pack subscribers.

Ah! Here I was thinking why bad things happen to me??? Well since then I have migrated to Annual Mega Pack and at the time I ordered OLLO I was on Annual super saver. So that maybe the reason...I wil check again now to prove this theory too!!!

Cheers!!:cool:

That means Mega Pack users can enjoy SHOWCASE movies for unlimited time (or may be 1 year ???) by recording :)

Any updates about Showcase recorded movie retained for longer period???Note: If it is a bug in TS+ system, we may lose this feature if Tata Sky reading this forum :evil:

Any updates about Showcase recorded movie retained for longer period???
Note: If it is a bug in TS+ system, we may lose this feature if Tata Sky reading this forum :evil:
My friend i will order a showcase movie today which should start from today midnight once it is recorded i will check out how long it stays in the TS+ box.............:D

@SVK I have ordered for 10000 BC movie for tuesday so i will record this movie starting midnight and i will check out how long does this movie sitting my harddisk memory by recording it......;)

Back