Regarding New BSNL Fiber Connection - Private Mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivam15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,544
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I am from a Small Town and BSNL Broadband is available here along with FTTH. But FTTH is available in private mode. They said they gave it to some cable operator and he runs it.

Now I am using BSNL Broadband and want to shift to FIBER. The cable guy says, I need to pay Rs.2500 for the device upfront along with extra fiber cable charge which would cost around Rs.1500. ALso he said he needs some power device to power optic fiber from nearest fiber point. Dont know what is that?

Any idea how true is this pricing? Or what is the rate of Fiber cable per metre? And if I pay rs.2500 upfront I wont need to pay monthly rent of modem.

Thank you.

Where are you located? Yes BSNL is now outsourcing the last mile connectivity to local cable operators. The payment etc would still go to BSNL.

The device cost seems alright if includes telephone port and wifi. Installation charge also depends on the LCO, my LCO charged me Rs 1000. So overall I would say it's reasonable. Maybe you can negotiate with them to reduce the installation charge.

I'm not sure why there needs to a powered device, cause they mostly deploy the passive optical network which need not be powered. Either way charging for their network maintenance doesn't make sense, so you may want to talk to the mabout.

^^^ I am from Jharkhand. The cable guy said that there is one person using Fiber in my location. His location is around 200Mtrs away from my home. So I guess the fiber cable used will be lesser. And I dont know why he said he needs some power device to power optical fiber from that other guy house.

And how much price different between normal modem and wifi modem of FIBER?

Back