Reliability of Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter codwapeace
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,096
ISP
Airtel, One
I am trying to understand whether my local ISP is as reliable as other bigger ISPs. I get disconnects once every day or a couple of days. I tested and I had a total of 70 minutes of break in service over the last week without any assigned cause such as fiber breaking or anything of that sort. Do you have any disconnects on Jio Fiber like that? Or, do you get full 24 hours service without any break for even a second over a week or month?

No downtime on Jio since 1 sept that’s the day I got the connection. BSNL had some downtimes like once or twice a week. I was on ACT long back, just one time it was down in 2+ years that I had it.

No downtime on Jio since 1 sept that’s the day I got the connection. BSNL had some downtimes like once or twice a week. I was on ACT long back, just one time it was down in 2+ years that I had it.
So, you do not have any downtimes or even a minute or two, ever?
What about you, @divit ?

Been using Jio fiber for the past 6 months (always online), and there have been downtimes atleast once every week - mostly of around 15 mts to 2 hrs). So far, more than 10 complaints have been raised - Jio closed complaints without even calling me or visiting my place....
Every ISP will have issues... Just because there has not been disconnections for some customers- does not mean there has not been any for others...
Wherever possible, have a secondary ISP as a backup...

I get around 5 mins downtime which I am guessing it happens while getting a new connection to some home. 1 hour downtime before the day plans were upgraded to 3300gb.

I have had ZERO downtime. The times I did have problems, it was because the fiber was cut due to heavy rains. What I'm trying to say is, I have only faced issues that involved a physical disturbance, not back end ones like downtimes due to maintenance or whatever.

It was only once when the whole North India Jiofiber was down. Other than that I've never faced any downtime. It's the most reliable ISP I've had in years.

Back