Reliance Big TV DTH Screen Shots

• Thread starter Thread starter zexy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 19,593
hey ozzy, which model is your STB? Some people are complaining of overheating and getting hang. Are they providing different STB models?

it is the same whc is shown in the pic

I am also very much interested if they add DD DTH to their services just like DIsh does it as their satellite is not much degrees far away from DD DTH

@ozzy Thanks for spending your time to answer me and thanks for sharing this info. Have BIG fun and we are still waiting :) hope we get soon. by the way, sorry - but 1 more question - which plan did you take on? any idea about monthly rental packages? Thanks once again.

Well a lot of questions have been asked. 1. There is no option to add FTA channels.2. DD plus direct is not in the channel list.3. Neo Cricket, Neo Sports has not been stared yet. Also Sahara One, Sahara Filmy and 9x are not in the list. I had called customer care they said it would be added soon.4. User cannot configure channels, but they can create their own favourites lists. 12 favourites folders can be made of 20 channels each. Once you get used to the channels you will not need favourites folders, because the channel guide is user friendly.5. The STB remote is not universal.6. Regarding my experience the picture and sound quality is excellent. 7. Yes the STB does get overheated after an hour or so.8. The STB does not hang.9. I do have problem with the remote, sometimes the remote does not work from a distance, you have to take it near STB for it to work.10. I have not called the CC yet as I want to use it for some more days and analyze all the problems. 11. There are no HD channels on board yet.12. I also feel the logo is big, it stays there for all the channels everytime, which is very irritating. They should have used watermark of the logo as in the case of Tata Sky & Dish TV.13. I am clueless about the USB port. 14. The STB is manufactured by Hyundai, Korea, but it is made in China.I hope I have answered all the questions.One more thing I analysed today is interactive services provided by Aaj Tak channel. One can select what kind of news he wants to watch (Sports, Business, International, Political, Weather, etc) at any given point of time and from any channels of Aajtak (Aajtak, Headlines Today & Tez).So it is still in the beta stage and the launch might be pushed further until they resolve all these issues. But overall the experience is good.

Why is it that STB is getting overheated and hang for some while for others its not? Manufacturing defect or what? :confused:

Why is it that STB is getting overheated and hang for some while for others its not? Manufacturing defect or what? :confused:

well there are very few heatsinks inside ,nor there is any fan.so i have added two heat sinks and 2 fans,and now the stb is stays cool.
i have given the complaint to a senior official at big tv,and also the issue with the big tv symbol and others problems faced.he promised to look into it and he appreciated the feedback.

Back