• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,037
Then how will they provide HD Channels?

Component :
Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) output. Connect to Component video terminal of Tv set

:-))

but will they provide a component cable can u post the manual of the stb or the company name of the stb or model.

If considering SKY UK example,the HD STB's are 'sold' seperately (normal STB's are given free with 1 year subscription), and even HD services are seperately packaged and subscribed. Because not all people may be interested in watching channels in HD mode.
BIG TV could be following same

If considering SKY UK example,the HD STB's are 'sold' seperately (normal STB's are given free with 1 year subscription), and even HD services are seperately packaged and subscribed. Because not all people may be interested in watching channels in HD mode.
BIG TV could be following same
The box has component out. So, it can provide HD. I would assume that depending on if the customer has an HDTV, the installer might provide a component cable during installation..

Hey Guys,
As we all know BIG TV is using MPEG4 technology and it can serve almost 250 channels (people say that it is more than what others can).

I Agree!

But, then why this DISH TV is mentioning it's capacity is up to 400 channels? (Is it on MPEG2 or MPEG4 now?)

See on their website, last paragraph:
Dish TV - DVD Picture Quality from Satellite Direct To Home

Please, clear my doubt! Thanks in advance.

They are fooling people... they want to mean by this that the STB they are providing can accommodate up to 400 channels and thats the trick .The user thinks that they can provide 400 channels on air which is not only false but cant be possible due to less transponders, they are currently using and the MPEG-2 technology.

"sushil_sh" - Thanks for replying and for the info. These companies really dont do good business practices then! They should provide ACTUAL information to the people (of what they are giving and not included). Any way, dont wanna debate on it here :) - (This is a common problem of all such our indian companies - fooling people and giving less than what is needed to give) I heard that government declared a rule for all these DTH players to change their STB's using MPEG2 to MPEG4 so that customers can interchange their DTH provider if they like to switch to others! Going from MPEG2 to MPEG4 - not possibleGoing from MPEG4 to MPEG4 - possibleGoing from MPEG4 to MPEG2 - possible is it true?

Hi designwebgraphic , well till now govt has not declared or made this as a law , but the Bureau of Indian Standards ( BIS ), has been asked by TRAI for the standard specifications of the DIGITAL TRANSCODER which will be an Add-On device to mpeg2-enabled stbs(TS and DISH) so that they can receive MPEG4 content if they wish to switch to new dth player(big tv, sun and Airtel dth) This is under consideration still by TRAI and I &B ministry .
Govt is not planning to replace old stbs with new mpeg4 enabled stbs as the cost will have to be borne by DTH providers leading towards a high loss, hence it is impractical solution. Thats why introduction of TRANSCODER is under consideration by BIS and TRAI .

You can read in detail here
:)

Back