Reliance ip problem(no connectivity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegetoroxxx

ISP
airtel
am having a weird issue with reliance broadband.whenever my pluggin my ethernet it shows a computer sign with yellow triangle with no internet connectivity.
after i procced to do microsoft inbulit network diagnose,it shows me the problem
"Local area connection doesnt have a valid ip configuration"

in network connection detail my pc doesnt gets
ipv4 default gateway ip
and dns server ip

i have to do diagonose atleast 20 time to solve the problem.sometime even wont that solve it
after complaining many time to the network engineer he installed a 'managed switch' nearby and had broadband wire replaced till the switch

weird enough my neighbour is getting connectivity from switch(he has router installed), am not even when directly connected to the switch.(getting same problem)>
cant go to my neighbour since not on talking terms.
my desktop and lappy is getting same problem with reliance

cant figure the problem

Are you on ADSL or MEN? As in, do you have a modem at your place or a LAN wire directly enters your house?

iChaitanya said:
Are you on ADSL or MEN? As in, do you have a modem at your place or a LAN wire directly enters your house?
metro Ethernet.
its frustrating specially when u need to do something imp and broadband doesn't works

I am facing the same problem. I dont knw why but it frustrating me a lot !
I have adsl reliance broadband connection with thunder 699 2mbps plan !
and the problem is that suddenly when i start my laptop it doesnt get a valid ip configuration. same case when connected to my Netgear wireless router.
when i call the customer care issue gets fixed within 2 hour but again after few days again happens !
is it because i need to logout my seesion ? so it does not get ended in abnormal way ? or there is something else :P
Any help would be appreciated thanks !

if its ip problem you are having, its because server is down or dead.
dsl signal and ip server down are different things.
type ipconfig/renew in cmd that should give you your ip, if server not down.
this server down issue usually fixes itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back