Reliance Jio 5G Standalone option not available on Apple iPhone 13

• Thread starter Thread starter ksr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,324

ksr

ISP
Airtel
The standalone option was available on ios 16.2 when Apple started supporting jio 5g, but from ios 16.4 uptil the latest ios version (16.6.1) I can't see the option in the settings. If anyone on iPhone 13 having latest ios version (16.6.1) can see the standalone option with jio 5g, please mention in the comments.

Thanks!

Solution
Yeah iPhone 12 and 13 don’t support Vo5G. Looks like artificial limitation from crApple to force us to upgrade. SDX55 and SDX60 are perfectly capable of Vo5G Standalone.
SA option is merged now. No need for that

Upvote 0
Yeah iPhone 12 and 13 don’t support Vo5G. Looks like artificial limitation from crApple to force us to upgrade. SDX55 and SDX60 are perfectly capable of Vo5G Standalone.

Upvote 0
Solution
@akshay71 Thanks for the info. I was looking to upgrade my mom's iPhone to a 5G enabled one, but didn't want to buy the latest since she barely uses an iPhone. Just likes its an iPhone. So I was looking to get the 13 or 15 from the reputed second hand store but couldn't decide.

I'll definitely go with the 15 at this point.

Upvote 0
@pillaicha
Jio have disabled Vo5G nationwide because of their unstable, crowded shitty network. For them, slicing their 5G network for over-hyped and unreliable Airfiber service is more important than providing quality calling experience.

Whenever I make a call, 5G symbol changes to LTE and it has been confirmed by customer care that due to complaints, Vo5G has been suspended indefinitely until further notice.

So you can get any phone at this point. :p

Upvote 0
Back