Reliance Jio Airfiber Installation Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Faruk
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 26,985
Just got a call from Jio AirFiber install team today after registration on day 1 but they said not doing independent bungalow now, after a couple of weeks when different hardware is in transit 🤷🏻‍♂

Whats problem with individual bungalow?
For Wired broadband its fine as they need to bring Fiber connection. But Air Fiber is supposed to be independent.

I could not hear the guy clearly on the phone but I think he was saying some new equipment with only single port and not 7 ports is in transit... I think this new stuff will be like DTH installation - very long wiring from ODU (on bungalow terrace) to IDU wherever inside the house - but not sure.

So any update from OP regarding installation and speedtest/ping ?

Its pathetic. After multiple request and escalation they again rescheduled it to 26th of Oct.

I wish any senior representative from jio looking into this.

Dear Customer,
INSTALLATION Appointment of JioAirFiber connection along with Set top box with Order Number NO0000TDRG35 is scheduled on 26-Oct-2023 between 11:00:00 - 12:30:00.
You will receive an Order completion code after INSTALLATION.
Please share the same with our service engineer to confirm completion of INSTALLATION.
Click Track Order Status of Jio Sim Card or Jio Fiber to track Order status or reschedule appointment.
For any queries or to reschedule appointment, call us at 18008969999.

That happens when they are waiting for any approval from higher management. So wait for few more days. Normally it takes 2-3 days and if not then it can take upto 15 days

Finally, it's installed after multiple escalations. I had to go to a personal level to complete the installation.

It took 13 days after the first call was initiated with Jio.

Based on my review, it's not yet stable, or the new ODU device isn't that stable. I am observing very minor ping spikes from Jio.

Bufferbloat score: A.

Indoor device

img images

Speed Test Fast.com

img images

Google Trace

Normal 5g ping

Airfibre ping

Let me know if you need anything from me.

Back