Reliance Jio AirFiber: Lots of sites not loading on company laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter itsmrshaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 11,978
ISP
Jio Air Fiber
I am facing issues with my company laptop while connecting with Jio Air Fibre. Maximum sites are not opening but able to do google search.
Don’t know what is the problem behind this. Have talked with the Air Fibre team but they are blaming my laptop only.
I am able to use my laptop from mobile hotspot and airtel fibre connection.

please help me

Probably a DNS issue. Try changing DNS on your local machine and see if it helps.

To change the DNS settings on a Windows computer, follow these steps:

1. Open the "Control Panel" or "Settings" on your Windows PC.

2. In the Control Panel, you can select "Network and Sharing Center." In the Settings app, you should choose "Network & Internet" and then "Wi-Fi" or "Ethernet" depending on your connection type.

3. Click on "Change adapter settings" on the left side of the window.

4. Right-click on your active network connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select "Properties."

5. In the "Properties" window, select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and then click the "Properties" button.

6. Choose the option "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the DNS server addresses you want to use. You can use public DNS servers like Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1), or your ISP's recommended DNS servers.

7. Optionally, you can also configure IPv6 settings by selecting "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and then clicking the "Properties" button.

8. Click "OK" to save your changes.

9. Close the windows and your DNS settings should be updated.

Please note that you might need administrator privileges to make these changes. After updating your DNS settings, your computer will use the specified DNS servers for domain name resolution.

Jio is likely to use IPv6. So, try changing the DNS for IPv6 too. Even if that doesn't work, then try a free VPN such as Proton VPN. Speed will be heavily limited with a free VPN.

Is there any error you receive when opening the failed pages? What is the output you get when entering ipconfig /all in Command Prompt?

Whenever i am trying to load a page i am getting an error as “This site can’t be reached” ERR_TIMED_OUT but surprisingly i can see search results in the google search but no websites are opening.

Back