Reliance Jio AirFiber Plans Announced

@pothi this Apple ecosystem was happy that finally from iPhone 11 to 15 pro was getting usb c would get rid of lightning cable but then apple airpods jumps in to retain the cable just stuck with it I guess.:ROFLMAO::cry::cry:

I was planning to get Jio AirFiber as a backup/failover ISP but looking at the pricing and pushing OTT/digital TV, I am gonna skip it. Airtel AirFiber won't meet bandwidth requirements as it will not deliver consistent speeds without the Outdoor Unit.
If the onboarding cost would have been a little less for the 100 Mbps plan, let's say around 5000, it would have been okay for me. It would cost over 7000 rupees upfront including installation just for 100 Mbps. I understand that they are bundling a lot of hardware like free set top box and everything.
I don't think they are planning to push AirFiber instead of actual wired Fiber because if that was the case, plans would have been priced better and there would have been an option to choose non-OTT plans as well. It feels more like they are planning to push OTT/digital TV and trying to compete with the DTH market and trying to capture subscribers in fiber dark areas.
It makes much more sense to get another wired broadband as a backup and the upfront onboarding cost would much less even if opting for a half yearly plan if only internet is what one needs.

Back