Reliance Jio Fiber Backup Broadband Plan (10mbps at Rs. 198 per month)

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOPSHOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 26,058
sad :(

If you have other providers in the area, why so particular on using Jio?

Is this the Backup Broadband plan itself or some other regular plan?

i have following in my area:

1. airtel
  2. jio fiber
  3. bsnl ftth
  4. connect broadband
  5. netplus
  6. railwire
airtel has started giving me issues, once in 10-15 days they start maintenance work which is an issue for me. randomly some websites crawl and there are ping time outs. this is local issue and engineers say that last time this happened it took them 3-6 months to fix it.

wire cut is issue for bsnl

connect broadband and railwire is costly

i opted jio fiber and netplus, netplus was my first choice as they were providing me 400 mbps speed at 999rs along with few OTTs
the main issue with netplus is huge downtime as faced by other users in my area and non availability of customer care.

so in the end jio fiber was the only choice as it used i earlier for 3 years and there was no downtime, no ping timeouts, no slow speed and they are giving lot of OTTs. i opted for 999rs plan

Send mail with details to "sanjay dot mashruwala @ ril dot com"

Last edited by a moderator:
sent an email to the above email @igloo but its been 2 days and i got no response. did he responds on the email or will i get a call from jio ?

You will get a call from someone hopefully and it does take time.
No email culture in ril I guess :LOL:

Finally i got the jio fiber connection. Yesterday i got a call from jio mumbai escalation team that you will get the connection installed later in evening. And to my surprise the engineer came in evening with new DP box with more ports and installed it.

got the connection running within 1 hour.
speed is as per the plan and getting bit more speed like airtel. Earlier it use to be 5 mbps less.

ping is also similar to airtel in my area.
Thank you @igloo for the email that you provided

interesting thing is that ping to clouflare dsn is 2ms

Back