Reliance Jio Fiber Backup Broadband Plan (10mbps at Rs. 198 per month)

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOPSHOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 26,058
Jio's people aggressively visit people's home and ask if they need connection.
In my society, Jio and Tata Play installed cables on same day. Jio sales people filled forms same day and gave connection next day.
Tata Play sales poeple came after 4-5 days asking if anyone needs broadband connection. By that may people already booked Jio :D

yea couple of months back i saw jio employee with big jio umbrella sitting at corner T point road of my location and asking everyone if they want to get jio connection.

and few weeks back i also saw jio employee going to everyones home giving pamphlets of jio fiber. i never saw any other ISP including airtel promoting their service.

Their campaign is on point to get customers onboard. No doubt jio's customer base is increasing way faster than airtel including 5g.
i was more of airtel fan than jio but their service in my area (fiber + 5g) is too good than airtel. Airtel used to rule but now going down the drain with their old equipments.

Jio people don't empty the ports neither do they remove the wires even after disconnection of services. So they would need to add more boxes to add new customers to their services. So all the boxes being filled don't really give a clear picture of how much demand there is for their Fiber services. In case of Airtel or Tata there was no free service involved like in the initial stages of Jio to create any kind of craze for them.

I have checked all boxes and also enquired with engineer, there was only 1 port in disconnected form and rest all were having active connections

At my place, Jio is a very well-known provider for service, support and reliability.
My neighbor has been using it for the last 3 years, and it has gone down just one time. (The time when even cellular was down for entire Mumbai) other than that, engineers usually attend and help proactively within the same day or next. The same goes for the backend team.

I have a Jio FAT box, right 5 steps outside on my floor and two more on the bottom floors, and it is completely full, hence even I cannot get a connection.

I am using Airtel, and they take an average of 7-10days to fix any issue. Even right now, my connection is down for the last 6 days and that has been something I am learning to live with.

Why did I not take Jio when I had the chance? Due to their aggressive port resets and encrypted FTP tampers/blocks.
I had a conversation with their Mumbai Lead Architect over this, and it seems it's implemented on all firewall nationally, the decision was from corp itself and is not something they can want to change for broadband.

Appreciation post for @igloo The mail he provided (sanjay dot mashruwala@ril dot com) for escalating complaints has worked everytime. Has helped two of my acquaintances for getting their JioFiber issues resolved.
Is there any such email for Airtel? Escalating to Nodal and Appellate is futile. They don't even bother to reply.

Anyone using it beyond 5 months now? How does it work. Monthly 198?

Was thinking of jio fiber as a backup to potentially replace Airtel which is my current backup when i remembered this.

Usage Landline and other basic browsing

@mhsabir I've been using this plan since 3 months, for the first 5 months it would cost you 1668 INR(including gst and installation charges).
The speed hovers between 8 to 10 mbps. The pings are decent, you can comfortably play games like codm and pubg. Web browsing is smooth and Full HD youtube videos play smooth.
Good thing is there are speed boost plans available, so you can easily upgrade speeds for a couple of days during that time of month when you need to download movies and games making it ideal for light or single users.

One thing to note is that the FUP is 1000 GB unlike the 3300 GB Capping in other Jio Fiber plans.

No downloading games or movies or playing online games for me.

Mainly office teams calls (rarely video calls) and fire stick streaming - mainly YouTube. And landline for mom to use.

Also I have hathway which sort of covers most of the house except fire stick and there are odd disconnection on mobile. I might get a wifi extender anyway

Back