Reliance Jio Fiber has started its IPTV Services on a trial basis

@aftabIN To capture using wireshark,
1. connect your laptop/pc to the same network as that of stb. (If stb is connected via LAN, then connect laptop to another LAN port of router. If stb is connected to wifi, then connect laptop to same wifi network).
2. Play any IPTV channel in jio stb.
3. Then launch wireshark in laptop with admin privileges (or sudo if you are using Linux).
4. Then in wireshark, select the network interface to capture traffic on that port/interface. If laptop is connected via LAN, then select that LAN port of your laptop. If wifi, then select wifi port. Wireshark will start capturing all traffic on the selected port.
5. Capture for 2-3 minutes. Once captured, you can save the capture in .pcap file and attach here. If file size is very large, capture for less time.

Note: You should see large traffic in wireshark when channel is playing on stb.

Let me know if further help is required.

@mk012 I doubt anything can be captured in this manner related to IPTV. Because IPTV packets would be encrypted, we cannot decode those.
But anyways its worth a try.

@SVK Yes. It will be encrypted. I am not interested in decoding content. I want to see which method jio is using for IPTV. Is it unicast or multicast?

Back