Reliance Jio Fiber STB picture quality issue.

Colors HD is not available on OTT where is that being streamed from? Also the Jio TV app streams from Jio’s Servers so they do have feeds available from non OTT sources which they can/are streaming on the STB

@cyberwiz Colors HD is in voot app

Colors HD is not available on OTT where is that being streamed from? Also the Jio TV app streams from Jio’s Servers so they do have feeds available from non OTT sources which they can/are streaming on the STB
having feed doesnt give them the right to stream.... they should obtain permission from respective broadcasters to stream on different platform hence each broadcasters have their own OTT service. they wouldve obtained license to stream on IPTV for phones but not on STB. Different platform different agreement. that is why they ditched obtaining license for DTH and bought out hathway/den and also im pretty sure colors is available on voot cause Mr. Bhambani owns major stake in it.

Is anyone noticing the weird aspect ratio bug on STB ? On Device preference->Overscan, I altered the screen size to fit the TV screen, I noticed the changes made doesn't apply when you open apps like Kodi or other OTT apps. I notice small black bar at the bottom of the screen which doesn't fit the actual 16:9 aspect ratio.

having feed doesnt give them the right to stream.... they should obtain permission from respective broadcasters to stream on different platform hence each broadcasters have their own OTT service. they wouldve obtained license to stream on IPTV for phones but not on STB. Different platform different agreement. that is why they ditched obtaining license for DTH and bought out hathway/den and also im pretty sure colors is available on voot cause Mr. Bhambani owns major stake in it.

Dude colors HD is not available on any OTT platform. Jio is still streaming it. I am sure there are other channels as well that are available on Jio STB that are not available on any OTT platform. So these channels are being streamed by JIO on its network so ideally there shouldn’t be buffering at least for these channels. Now I don’t know how they have got their setup running which is causing buffering, deciphering that would require monitoring the network traffic and considerable time and effort.

What you are referring to is the legal aspect of Jio not being allowed to stream channels from its back end like what they are doing in the Jio app because they don’t have permission to stream them through STB. This is a different point. Technically they are capable of streaming channels from their own servers apart from other channels on the STB that are directly streamed from OTT servers. They are actually doing this, now whether they have permission or not or they have exploited some loophole is anybody’s guess.

@cyberwiz colors is owned by reliance (major stake) so they can do whatever they want with it. Issue with buffering is still a mystery right from the beginning of the service. I had mentioned it In the review. Comedy Central hd was buffering as hell in jio fiber even with auto quality being default. Let’s hope they fix it soon.
Technically they are capable of streaming channels from their own servers apart from other channels on the STB that are directly streamed from OTT servers. They are actually doing this, now whether they have permission or not or they have exploited some loophole is anybody’s guess.
Elaborate on this pls. What exploit?

I was referring to a legal loophole. If the condition be true that they are not licensed to provide non OTT channels through the STB. Maybe they are still doing it because of some legal loophole or maybe they have a license/permission to broadcast even non OTT channels through STB on their network.

Edit: even if colors is owned by them then also they dont get a right to stream unless they have proper permission. Ownership has nothing to do with streaming rights

@cyberwiz yes it does . they can stream to any platform they want. They own the content they own the platform, they can stream in ott (voot) or iptv (jio stb ) it’s their choice. Only for other channels they have to sign agreement with each distribution company in each platform to stream / broadcast their respective channels by paying subscription fee on behalf of customer (Hotstar vip) or leave it to the customer to pay for it (typical ott).

Guys tell me one thing .voot is a ott app which is free to air.but we cannot play any live channels via voot app if we use outside jio stb.and one thing more.Hotstar tv version does not have live star channels but hotstar jio set top box has live star channels.i don't understand how is this happening.is it like hotstar has made special app for jio stb which allows live star channels !!

Back