Reliance Jio has discontinued Rs. 98 mobile plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Wayne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,287
This is to make 4G plans expensive & force users to to move to their shit JioFiber.

It's well planned move by them earlier it disappeared from 3P recharge portals now removed from My Jio app. Such a foolish move by jio, airtel is providing 12GB data for ₹98 along with voice call through main balance. While jio requires ₹129 to make a call 😡

Yes disappointed indeed but this is done to make recently launched 1299 plan more lucrative as 98+10 RS plan was bundled with same benefits as long term 1299 hence people were not taking long term plan

If I don't recharge after my plan expires, will the sim card get suspended or will I continue to get incoming sms?
I have a old number which I used to recharge with the 98 plan just for the sake of keeping it activated. What is the most cost-effective Jio plan to keep the number active? I sometimes get important OTP's on that number.

Really disappointed. This was my regular plan as I didn't consume loads of data and my call minutes were also limited. I guess I have to go with the ₹329 plan now.

Last edited:
My Prime membership ended in Jan this year, when i asked chat/twitter they reassured me that just before expiry the renewal option will pop up. Nothing did & it still I have a Prime membership.:oops:

@ap99 Nothing will happen to your SIM as far as it has a Prime membership. I have a secondary SIM that has gone without a recharge for nearly a year and it's still active and receives OTP.

₹129 plan seems to be the lowest now.
Thank you. I won't recharge then. I just want to continue receiving OTP.

Also if you want a low-cost plan, then Rs. 329 plan for 84 days (with a 10% discount by HDFC PayZapp or Amazon Pay UPI) comes out to be Rs. 98 for 28 days.
(329 - 32.9 = 296.1 for 84 days. For 28 days, it will be 98.7)

Back