Reliance Jio has extended the Preview offer to all 4G Phones

I walked in to a Reliance Digital outlet with a Yu Yureka and I was handed over a SIM without going through the Jio app installation or generation of a code. They just noted down the IMEI of Yu Yureka. Although they were refusing to give SIMs to two people who had bought a Honor and a Lenovo 4G mobile.

my neighbourhood reliance digital is giving coupons to reserve sims for people asking for one now as they are out of stock.

Sim still not activated even after the order confirmation SMS. There seems to be a severe backlog.

21st Aug sim taken. Today 26th Aug.

They need to do better.

I took the SIM late at around 9:30 pm on 23td August. The person accepting the documents was saying that if I submit at that time then SIM activation would take 8 - 10 days. And if I took it the next day (24th August) then it would be activated in 6 - 7 days. He wasn't able to logically explain the reason.

I think the some people at Reliance Digital stores are delaying process in the hope that we call them up, ask for status & then they would give us lame reasons and eventually we would have to "give" them something to speed up the process.

Jiocare & Reliance Digital on Twitter are selectively replying. No response on email or CC either.

Dear friends. I have taken 2 sims on 23 evening on Samsung preview offer. The store guy was my friend and i filled CAF myself and forced him to upload immediately. The first sms came immediately after uplkad. And the sim was activated after 24 hrs. So now it is taking approx 24 hrs in MP during ghis severe rush. Those people whose sims are not activated after 4- 5 days its all the laziness of store guys.

Sim activated today, televerified too but no plan has been applied. Their activation servers are over burdened. lol

Partner Preview Offer activated.

Done!

Last edited:
Walked into nearest mini express store today. They took my name and phone number and told to come back on 1st september. I am in wait list.

got a sim last sunday and another one 2 days back , they had come to my workplace with free sim and said it would like activated in 48 hrs.

Non activated.

looks like this store guys trying to make money out of it .

If CC of Jio & Reliance Digital do not respond, it's going to lead them no where.

From what I've noticed, the people at Reliance Digital are activating SIM of people they know on priority against daily submission of CAF.

In the long run, this would hurt prospects when services are commercially launched & MNP comes in to play.

Back