Reliance Jio has extended the Preview offer to all 4G Phones

Yesterday I went to store and guy asked me for coupon code. He refused to give card without code.

There are 2 more stores but each are 2-3KM away. They are not even picking up phone.

It seems more stores are refusing SIM cards. Not picking up the phone has been standard since the JPO started. If Jio SIM cards continue to be available at Reliance Digital/Mini/DX Stores, I think they will be hurting their sales as people there are least bothered & after sales service is pathetic. The main challenge is after SIM get commercially launched with plans.

Everything would be normal when 100-200 people stop visiting a store everyday..

You gotta think from their perspective as well,yes they get paid and all but looking after 100 forms is kinda huge.
Things might ease up when local shops start selling SIMs

Reliance must be making highest number currently but once free offer closes, they will start losing subscribers rapidly too.

@volcano619 - This must have been thought well before. They should have issued CAF and asked customers to fill up on their own rather than taking the pressure and filling it themselves. This is causing back-log in uploading of customer details. And, when you go with your original photo ID & address proof, they should verify it instantly and pass-on the copies forward for uploading but they are stamping "Verified" the next day after huge pile-up of forms of previous day.

More chaos when Reliance Jio & Digital Stores CC become silent spectator to issues & stop responding.

Through contacts in Reliance stores, some people are providing Jio SIM cards for Rs 99 with activation within 24 hours.

In delhi people are charging Rs 100-300 for a jio sim with 2 days activation promise.

My local Digital Store and xpress mini say they are now out sims. New sims coming out on monday as per them.

If you buy a new high end phone from them though, they are willing to "help out" with issuing the sim without standing in the queues when the new lot of sims arrive.

One guy came from outstation to buy an S7 Edge but they couldnt offer him a sim the same day, so they must be really out of sims at my store.

Finally I got a SIM (for my new Gionee phone - not yet for iPhone)

But its dated in April.

Someone here was saying that old SIMs have some fault. How to know if this one falls under same category?

Also what exactly was fault?

I got August sim for Samsung preview offer.
The newer stock July-Aug ones are darker magenta red in color.

My Lyf phone had April sim. The April ones are pure red (not too dark nor too light in color just like Vodafone sim)

So far, I found no difference between both the sims. Both show exactly same reception strength and both work flawlessly.

Back