Reliance Jio is blocking PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN

• Thread starter Thread starter tatyasky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 11,775
they will look in to the issue
I already tried using their customer care through email. They fill it with marketing BS and finally conclude that it's the VPN service's fault and not Jio's. 6 emails and 7 responses and zero results. And don't even try calling their cust care, those guys don't know anything about networking.

maybe they are blocking only a specific protocol or port? wireguard maybe?
Airtel has blocked port 500 recently I think. I have xstream fiber and whenever I try to connect via ikev2 500 in windscribe VPN it fails and switches to UDP 443. I called local backend for Airtel and he openly said he cannot help with any VPN related issues as Airtel does not support VPN in any way whatsoever. So not just jio it seems

Last edited:
he openly said he cannot help with any VPN
I got the same reply from Excitel CC with another issue, it was ping related and CC guy said "I can't help with VPN issues".

their cust care, those guys don't know anything about networking.
CC executives don't know anything about networking. Trying to explain to them about ur problem is like banging ur head against a wall. What you can try is ask them if you can talk to their 'Technical team', if you are polite sometimes they will transfer ur call to them. Worked several times for me, I am on Excitel btw.

Back