Reliance Jio JioNet

Is this thing still running at Public places ? Can anyone confirm ? The jionet app has been removed from Playstore I suppose

Are you talking about the JioPrivateNet wifis ? I have it here around my place and also in my college. Speed is great-70Mbps+

How does the Private Net work ? Does it have a portal for signing in ? I used Jio Net yesterday as an emergency . It is working in few places (Bangalore) . Giving 15 Mbps. But idk why even though I entered a Jio number , it gave only 34 mb of data

My guess is Jio Private Net is for users who have a sim with subscription and Jionet is common for all people just like Railway Wifi

Last edited:
You're right. JioNet is for everyone. You verify the phone number and you get 35MB or whatever they have set for that location. JioPrivateNet is exclusively for Jio users BUT they are only useful if your network is poor at that location, because the data you consume, is deducted from the plan your Jio number is subscribed to.

I guess there is separate data for that. something called Jio Wifi data . I have seen it being mentioned before . But now they have taken down the app

The last time I used it a couple of years ago - at Chennai airport. It worked without the app and consumed data from my normal data quota.

Back