Reliance Jio now sending messages about automatic upgrade to new Truly Unlimited Fiber Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter rishikeshj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 141
  • Views Views 13,492
We should get plan upgrade as it is clearly mentioned on Jio' s website. There is no excuse for them to not upgrade our plans.

I checked today morning at 7. Was still on 100/10. My bronze plan is anyways expiring in 4 days, so won't be too much of benefit to me.

Now wondering whether to recharge 399 or 699 for next month.
In case you go with 399 then do update if it affects streaming in anyway. Especially the 4k on Netflix and prime. I am thinking of doing the 399 next time as I rarely download any torrents now and most data is consumed streaming stuff.

Netflix usually shows 15mbps as 4k streaming so I believe 30mbps should be good enough for that.

@harry10 I was wondering the same, regarding streaming 4K on Netflix and Prime. There is a YouTube video of a guy who is using new Bronze 30 Mbps plan. He says one 4K stream works along with two 1080p streams. Two 4K streams if tried simultaneously, they stutter.

YouTube link :
Source

The video was helpful, but the streams checked were YouTube 4K. I was wondering if it would be the same with Netflix 4K with Dolby Vision.

By the way, now 4K is applicable to Disney+Hotstar (Premium) as well. They have started giving a few titles in 4K HDR, and at least 1 in 4K Dolby Vision.

@zervinb I believe there will be few members opting for the 399 plan as on Airtel thread almost everyone was subscribing to 499 plan. So, we should get some clarity about streaming in a few days. I am in any case stuck with 699 plan till 3rd Oct.

Back