Reliance Jio Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

@gomfi My phone has some bugs that if VoWiFi is on it shows like there's Signal but as soon as I turn off WiFi the signal disappears.

More ocer
Jio VoWiFi works for me Even if I move to place where theres no Signal. But it doesn't Connect back if I turn off WiFi and turn it back on in No signal
it should work if we have sim in phone and phone is connected to wifi.No need of tower for detecting user location as phone is already sending user gps based location to the sim operator through wifi internet.Its just a defect from their end.

I can also confirm one thing, it wasn't the case when it was launched (first day).

@ak588 @Joy confirm if you can replicate same on Airtel?

You go outside, Jio is showing, WiFi is connected. Network changes to Jio WiFi.

You come inside. As soon as Jio (normal) is out of range, Jio WiFi stops working and goes to NO SERVICE.
Last week I was out of home. The signal there was very poor but strangely VoWiFi was not working. But for some weird reason, after I restarted my device, VoWiFi was on for a brief moment but again gone.

Following things that I observed when I was there:
1. VoWiFi came only when there was some sort of Signal (Except for No service and Emergency calls only).
2. VoWiFi was active till I was connected to WiFi. As soon as WiFi disconnects and there is no network, now if I connect to WiFi no luck (as mentioned in point 1).
3. The signal was there even though it was not there. What I mean by this is that signal was there when WiFi + VoWiFi was there but when I disconnected WiFi, signal was gone.
So I think it maintains a fake signal just to keep VoWiFi turned on.
Also the WiFi was very poor due crossed FUP limit (1 Mbps).
So maybe due to WiFi being poor VoWiFi was fluctuating back and forth.

3. The signal was there even though it was not there. What I mean by this is that signal was there when WiFi + VoWiFi was there but when I disconnected WiFi, signal was gone.
So I think it maintains a fake signal just to keep VoWiFi turned on.
Yeah This what happens with me too. It maintains Fake Jio signal to keep VoWiFi on even if I manually select other network. Even if it's set on 2G it shows 850Mhz Band.
5SPA1Rk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Joy
Just for kicks, can someone over here try WiFi Calling on an actual Flight in mid-air with Aeroplane mode turned on (If this feature works on your device). 🤪🤪
But I suspect any low-cost domestic flights have WiFi onboard. 😅

Back